Friday, November 22, 2013

Long & Lean

Abby had her 4 year check-up on Thursday and did great!

Here are her stats:
Weight - 31.2 lbs (10th percentile)
Height - 39.8 inches (50th percentile)

Looks like we have another "long & lean" one in the family. Seriously, people are gonna think we don't feed our kids since their ribs stick out so much! To be honest, I was a little shocked when I heard "10th percentile," because neither kid has ever dipped that low before, in weight or height. The doctor didn't seem concerned though, so that was good.

Abby was not too keen on the blue gown she had to wear, and wanted me to ask the doctor if it "came in pink." Of course I did not ask but thought that was hilarious and totally typical of her :)

And then of course she was even less thrilled when she found out she had to get 2 shots. She usually takes them like a champ, but this time they must have hurt really bad b/c she cried a lot  :( So pitiful. And she insisted it hurt too much to raise her arm and put it back in her shirt (the shots were in the shoulder), so I let her leave the doctor's office with 1 arm in the shirt and a jacket zipped up and thrown over her shoulders. So she was holding her "hurt" arm down like it was in an imaginary sling. Quite the performance! 

Magically, when I pulled up to Krispy Kreme, her arm felt better instantly. Funny how that happens :)
Guess a donut & chocolate milk can heal most anything!!





4 comments:

  1. Krispy Kreme does that to me too! I see it in her sweet eyes that she'd been crying, so sad! STUPID SHOTS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is a good lesson to learn early in life that Krispy Kreme donuts have healing, almost magical powers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet Abby, Shots just hurt plain and simple!!! She deserved a donut 😘

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet Abby, Shots just hurt plain and simple!!! She deserved a donut 😘

    ReplyDelete