Before all of Abby's birthday festivities started, we went to the LSU Tailgate with some old friends on Saturday.
Funny story, I was friends with Leah back in TN. She was one of the first people I met at my first job there. We hit it off and have been friends ever since! Well, fast forward to August.....her family moved from TN to AL!! They are only about 45 minutes from us and it has been so nice to rekindle our friendship after being gone from TN for 2 years.
Funny story, I was friends with Leah back in TN. She was one of the first people I met at my first job there. We hit it off and have been friends ever since! Well, fast forward to August.....her family moved from TN to AL!! They are only about 45 minutes from us and it has been so nice to rekindle our friendship after being gone from TN for 2 years.
Leah has a 4 year old son, Colin, and is due with baby boy #2 at the end of this month. She was quite the trooper during the tailgate: walking real far, putting up with crazy crowds, and holding my red solo cup when necessary :)
Walking up to the quad, Colin said "Nate, hold my hand!"
I was super proud of Leah for 1)Putting Colin in an Alabama shirt and 2)Letting me put an Alabama sticker on his cheek! :)
They shut down the bouncy houses on the quad around 5 pm, which was a bummer. And it was hardly even dark yet! Oh well. By the time we made it back to the car, it was dark:
Personally, I was happy to go home, grab some BBQ & pizza, let the kids run amuck, and watch the game in the comfort of our own home! Roll Tide!

No comments:
Post a Comment