Remember this photo from Abby's Halloween party last year!?
Let's just say she was not very pleased to have me at her class party. Not sure why. With that being said, I did not have high hopes for her class party this year. In the days leading up to Halloween, she seemed very excited for me to come. But still, I was weary.
The morning of Abby's party, things were going well at first, so I slipped out quickly to set up pumpkins in the "pumpkin patch" outside. Then I come back in and she was crying. Her brand new wand broke. I promised her I'd go get another one before trick-or-treating that night. That seemed to placate her, but still, the tears had started.
However, craft time went well for my little Cinderella....
....as did the class dance party....
| BFF Princess Mia |
Then we headed outside for the parade in the elementary school and it headed south fast. She wouldn't let go of my hand, and decided to stop smiling for pictures.
The only thing that made her smile was this guy! We saw him busy at work while we paraded through the school. Oh how I love that handsome smile! :) (And I loved how his classmates kept saying "Hi Nate's Mom!!")
Then it was time for the hayride. Again, not thrilled. She was cold and was ready to change into her other clothes. I mistakenly told her they'd change before the hayride but was wrong. I received death glares for 10 minutes.
The hayride seemed to work a little magic, b/c when I saw her 5 minutes later I got to see this beautiful face:
And they were dropped off at the "pumpkin patch" to find the pumpkin with their name on it.
| Her handsome boyfriend, David |
| She is done & done. And ready for lunch. |
| Much happier after a costume change. |
I left the party before lunchtime, but a friend's mom sent me this picture after lunch. Apparently a pizza party and pumpkin cookies and a dance party made Miss Priss smile once again. Oh the ups & downs of an almost-four-year-old! What a day.
That afternoon, I helped with Nate's party. I am one of two "Room Moms," and we had been busy planning this thing for close to a month. Luckily, it was a huge success!! Lots of good snacks....
....enormous goody bags for each kid....
.....a fun craft....
....an amazing teacher and lots of balloon fun....
....and a few rounds of Halloween Bingo where everyone got to be a winner! :) I am so happy with Nate's class this year and his awesome teacher. We really lucked out
| Me & another parent volunteer. Not sure how we got roped into wearing these things. |
| Burning off a little sugar on the playground before dismissal. He was twins with Chandler!! (This was a big deal to not have to wear his regular uniform shirt! :) |
All in all, it was a great day and I was grateful I was able to help out at both of my kids' class parties. However, when I got home and saw that trick-or-treating (in the rain) was to begin in less than 2 hours, I just wanted to cry. Or take a nap. Or have a drink! :)
Stay tuned for Halloween pics....

You are absolutely super mom!! And Cinderella is super cute in costume and out! I love Nate's smile, too! Boy smiles for their moms are the best!
ReplyDeleteI love the comments about Abby. She is so un predictable! It is so great that you can be there to do those parties and share those memories with the kids. Precious times!
ReplyDelete