Back in early August, I bragged about Nate in a blogpost here. He was in the very beginner stages of reading and Greg was patiently working with him every night on it.
Well, fast forward 3 months and our boy has improved by leaps & bounds! Greg is still working with him every night before bedtime, but now his teacher is working with him daily too!!
I love that Nate is so proud of himself for reading. In fact, it's the first thing he tells me about when I pick him up from school each day....
"Mommy, I finished the blue level books today."
"Mommy, I caught up to Andrew and we're both on the orange books now."
"Mommy, Mrs. Davis says soon she won't have anything left for me to read!"
His class visits the school library every Wednesday, and they get to check out a book for the week. Nate has discovered the "Fly Guy" series and is hooked! Click here to hear him reading an excerpt from it the other night. (Plus a little jumping/dancing warm-up, ha!)
I am sooooo proud of our little reader and just hope his love for reading continues to grow!
woohooo awesome nate!
ReplyDeleteWhy does that goofball at the end have to ruin it?
ReplyDeleteThat goofball just has to steal his thunder! Seriously, he has improved so much! He is awesome. If you ask him questions about what he just read, does he understand?
ReplyDeleteMom - Yes :) I have asked Mrs. Davis to include reading comprehension questions for him when he reads at school.
ReplyDelete