Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Visitors

Nanny & Poppy came into town on Thursday to get a quick visit in and make sure they celebrated with Miss Priss at her birthday party. As usual, they stopped at the outlets on the way here, and bought clothes for the kids. Well lo & behold, I got something too - an early birthday present - a cute navy sweater from the Loft and matching scarf! Abby promptly stole the scarf and toted it around the house for a half hour.....as a tail, as a belt, a headdress, you name it.
 Friday, both kids had school so I took Mom & Dad on some last minute party errands, and to Edgar's Bakery for lunch (so good)! Mom insisted on getting these turkey cookies at Edgar's for the kids. They were overjoyed to be able to have a cookie for an after-school snack!!
 Aunt Lora also arrived Friday afternoon, and the kids (especially Abby) were taken with her right away. The last time we saw her was at Labor Day, but Abby acted as if it'd been years. She attached to Lora's hip and barely let her out of her sight all weekend!
 And it didn't hurt that Aunt Lora brought some cool glow stick/whistles for the kids! Nate was into them for about 5 minutes, until he pulled Poppy off to the side for a separate project (more on that later).


This is how Abby likes to spend her Friday nights....

....and this is how Nate does!! He wrote all the numbers from 1 to 400. I have no idea why. But Poppy was a good sport and sat with him while he did this, and helped him when necessary.

Sibling sleepover in Nate's room & bedtime stories from Aunt L
 Saturday morning, I was in full-on "party mode" from 6 am on. My neurotic self even created chore lists for my family. (Bec, be glad you weren't there!!) Amidst the morning chaos, I saw these two snuggling & watching TV :) We have this brand new, huge sectional in the bonus room and they choose to sit on top of each other. Love!
 To keep the birthday girl out of my hair all morning, I decided to let her open presents from the family. She wasn't excited at all :)

Happy to see "Pete the Cat!"

Nate modeling a Sofia the First costume
 Now this is where it gets interesting. For months now, Abby has been asking for a "Baby Washing Thing." We have looked online and in multiple stores, and she cannot point out what it is. So, I told her to move on :) Well, Nanny is a sucker and decided to try and find a "baby washing thing," even if it wasn't the exact one Abby had seen on tv. And this is what we ended up with:
Yes, it is called "Tub & Toot." Completely inappropriate, I agree. But I will say this - Abby & Tubby have been inseparable ever since this moment. So, kudos to Nanny. (Even though I still think it's inappropriate!!)
 Since Nate was not "invited" to Abby's party, I promised him we would wait to open the gifts from her friends AFTER the party. He loves to be able to "help" and of course he wanted to experience it first-hand, even if it was a bunch of princess stuff & dolls. This boy loves his little sis!
One of her faves, a Cinderella that sings "Happy Birthday"



Her other fave, Aunt Lora :)
We had a lazy Sunday with a big breakfast before seeing Lora off. Then we attended a neighbor's birthday party, and Nate had his first basketball practice (more on that later). Nanny & Poppy enjoyed their last day of snuggles, games, crafts, counting piggy banks, and doing ninja moves. Their visit was topped off by a delicious - read: sarcastic - dinner at Red Lobster! :) 

Another great visit and looking forward to seeing my (whole!) family again at Christmas.

6 comments:

  1. Don't think I neglected Nate :) We played in the craft room and I showed him how to draw bubble letters and Christmas trees. He also READ a book to Abby and I during bedtime and he got EVERY.WORD.CORRECT. He'll be teaching Abby to read by spring! It was a great visit and I can't wait for more fun at Christmas with Anderson too! I need to get more glowsticks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like.

    And where are your yellow lamps?? Did you end up getting rid of them? I noticed they were never in any pics where people are on the sectional.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good idea on the morning of the party gifts - i may do that this weekend :). glad everyone had a great time! holy moly on writing out every number to 400 - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im Dying laughing at the Tub and Toot! HILARIOUS! Love your new scarf too! And um AWESOME for Nate on his numbers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know why you think Tubbie Toots is inappropriate. She only blows bubbles and laughs. You also didn't like Pooty the dog either! We had fun as always and can't WAIT for your December visit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Apparently I dodged a bullet with the chore list!! So glad everyone had fun. Cannot wait for Christmas and all the shenanigans! I have a "festival of light" excursion for all of us. Ps- I have no words for moms gift!

    ReplyDelete