Thursday, November 21, 2013

A New Sport!

Nate is playing a new sport!!! 

I am both excited for him and really nervous at the same time. I feel like with soccer, I was in my element. I knew all the rules, I knew how to help him if need be, etc. But basketball is just out of my realm of knowledge, even though I enjoy watching it! Luckily, our next door neighbors are huge basketball fans & players. In fact, Jack had been working with Nate in the few days leading up to this first practice, "to get him ready." Ha!

The team consists of 11 boys from his school, with both kindergarteners and 1st graders. And one of the first grader's dads is the main coach. Bless Coach Turner! Let's just say, there is a WIDE range of skill levels on the team :)

The team is named the "Tiny Titans" and they practice every Sunday afternoon. Games will start in December, and they'll play on Saturdays. I think the league lasts till mid-January.

 Click here to see a short video of Nate during a dribbling drill. (I also took a video of him dribbling while walking.....which apparently was pretty complicated for him so I will NOT be showing that video. Ha!)




After practice, we stayed a little bit longer so me & Poppy could talk to the Coach. And Nate asked Daddy to "shoot some hoops" with him. Could it seriously get any cuter!? Coach said that he would not have known that Nate had never played before (!) but also gave me a few drills to work on with him this week. (Which I gladly passed onto to "Coach Jack" next door!)

Here's to hoping he has a great season and enjoys learning a new sport!

1 comment:

  1. STOP!! I did not know he was playing!?! too cute. Aunt Bebe can give him a few tips over Christmas...I still remember my days on the Celtics. Hahahahahahaha!!

    ReplyDelete