Saturday, May 25, 2013

School's Out for Summer!

Another school year ended for Nate yesterday. He is officially a kindergartener, which he is super excited about! (Me, not so much.) 

I love looking back at how much he's grown (physically) since the first day of school. This was August 6, 2012:
 And here we are at May 24, 2013:
 Looks like my long & lean boy has gotten even more long & lean! That smile never changes though, and it continues to be my favorite trait of his :)

The kids and I whipped up some cookies for their teachers, and included an Edgar's Bakery (YUM!) giftcard inside. The kids wrote (well, Abby traced & decorated with stickers) notes for their teachers as well. We were blessed with 4 great teachers this year for our kiddos. And although we are all excited for summer, I know the kids will miss their teachers something fierce. 

Nate's last day of pre-school consisted of Krispy Kreme donuts, playground time, and then a classmate's mom came in to make balloon animals the rest of the morning until lunch. So cool! Of course Nate requested a superhero.

(And it is currently hiding in a corner in our dining room b/c he doesn't want anyone to touch/pop it. What a nut.)

Sweet Dawn - the balloon lady - even made something for Nate to bring home to Abby! Clearly, she's pleased with her flower lady.
Abby has a few days of school next week and then it will be summertime for her! 

For now, I think Nate is taking this "first day of summer" thing pretty seriously. It's almost 8 am and he's still asleep! He has been counting down the days (literally, on his calendar) till he can sleep in. Clearly, I already have a teenager on my hands. Sigh.

I am excited for summer as well.....to sleep in, be a little lazy with the kids, go to the pool (and the beach 2x!), have lots of playdates, ride bikes, play with the neighbors, and get in some serious playground time.

Happy Summer everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment