Don't mind me, I'm just going to brag on my boy for a minute.
About 2 weeks ago, he complained that his sneakers were getting too small, so I moved him up a size & into some New Balances I had gotten at a consignment sale. His old shoes were velcro, and the new ones have laces. You can see where this is going.
After about 2 days of wearing the new shoes, Nate insisted he wanted to learn how to tie his shoes. (And - here's a well-kept secret about me: I am the world's.worst.bow.tier.) So I told him he'd learn in kindergarten soon, ha!
He didn't like that answer so he pestered Greg to show him. While we were in Memphis visiting Greg's Grandma, Greg finally showed Nate how to tie his shoes. Maybe 2-3 times.
From then on, Rainman took over. He practiced and practiced and practiced. Even during naptimes, at night, in the car, etc. Two days later, he was a pro at tying shoes!!
(And now at school he's going around asking kids if he can tie their shoes for them. Love him!!)
So proud of Nate and his determination!!
Way to go Nate!!
ReplyDeleteIt's like the magic trick he was doing at Easter with the string of beads :)
ReplyDeleteHe is so big!!! I am in shock that he's already doing that- so smart. Stop growing up!
ReplyDeleteThat is awesome! Great job, Nate!
ReplyDeleteHis Kindergarten teachers will love him. or just another reason. that is the hardest thing to teach. I have 4th grders that still can't tie their shoes! LOve how determined he is. He will go far in life! I am not being prejudiced either.
ReplyDelete