Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Summer Sleepover!

We are leaving for the beach tomorrow, and though Nate is excited about it, he is NOT looking forward to being away from Jack (our neighbor) that long. So, I told him we could have a "special day" with Jack, and that evolved into a sleepover last night.

It all started with a trip for a special dessert last night....Summer Snow! We love this sno-cone place b/c it tastes more like ice cream then sno-cones. So good! The kids took turns eating, rolling down the hill, and acting like superheros.







 We picked up a redbox movie and headed home.....for "Frankenweenie" on the couch in a makeshift movie theatre, and of course, more food. Popcorn & lemonade all around makes 3 happy kids!

 Of course the boys got to stay up late and finish the movie, and then decided they wanted to sleep in a fort in Nate's room. It was one heck of a fort too!

I checked on them a few times and they were giggling and reading books with flashlights. I think they conked out a little after 10 pm. And then this morning, they woke up bright & early around 6 am. (After they PROMISED me they'd sleep in. Ha! I knew that wouldn't happen.)

After full bellies from pancakes & sausage, they are now on round #2 of "Frankenweenie."  And later today, they have plans to make more friendship bracelets for their "business" (with Jack's sister, Kate.) How cute, right? I remember making & selling bracelets as a kid.

These boys have a sweet friendship, and I'm so thankful that Jack is right next door. He's helped Nate come out of his shell so much, by making him more confident and adventurous. And Nate's also turned into more of a "boy" if that makes sense. Together, they love to climb trees & fences, use their imagination, ride bikes, and pee outside :), and I'm grateful for all of it!

1 comment: