Our last day at the beach started off a bit gloomy. And windy. And cold. Please look at poor Abby Reece having her lunch:
Luckily, around noon the sun started to make an appearance and we were able to enjoy the beach for a few hours. No one dared go into the water, but my boy sure looked the part of a pro surfer! :)
The kids mostly played in the sand, and thanks to Daddy, enjoyed some time in some homemade tidal pools as well.
We had a great dinner at a family fave, Hanser House, and walked on the beach after dinner. Love these two kiddos!
Right before bed - great timing - the ice cream truck made an appearance, so we just had to partake. (That is why it is 9:30 now and my kids are in bed talking & singing up a storm. Sugar coma!)
Another great year at the beach in the books. We are so thankful for this family beach house that we are privileged enough to use. It has so many memories for me as a kid, and now MY kids are making their own memories. Priceless!
Greg & I are heading home tomorrow, whereas the kids are headed to NC for "Camp Nanny & Poppy" for 7 days. Oh yes, I said 7 days. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with myself! :)
Sounds like a wonderful week, so glad for all of you!!
ReplyDeleteYou're not fooling anyone Em. We all know you have a list a mile long of things you want to do during Camp Nanny and Poppy!
ReplyDeletelove that pic of the 2 kiddos! :).
ReplyDeletelove that pic of the 2 kiddos! :).
ReplyDeleteI just gasped at those two beauties! I need one, framer for sure!
ReplyDelete