Monday, December 12, 2011

SURPRISE!!!

So, I need to brag on my brother-in-law Mike for a minute....he threw my little sister a surprise 30th birthday party this weekend and ACTUALLY PULLED IT OFF!!! This was a small miracle, considering Bec is a major control freak & super nosey! (Love ya, Bec!) :)

I flew into Charlotte for a quick weekend trip and Lora picked me up at the airport. The party was to be held that night at Kelly & Robby's house, who are Bec & Mike's best friends. Kelly was on "keep Becky out of the house for 4 hrs" duty, so they shopped, ate lunch, & saw a movie. Kelly bravely left the house for Mike & Robby to decorate, but in true OCD fashion, drew a 3-room diagram with details for them to follow. Love this girl! Lora & I arrived that afternoon to help with finishing touches.

Guests arrived around 6:45 pm, and the guest of honor pulled up around 7:30 pm. We were all on the back porch, and when she got out of the car, we turned on the outside lights and yelled a mixture of "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" and "SURPRISE!" She was literally speechless; it was priceless. Then, the first thing out of her mouth was "What is going on?" followed by "I can't breathe!" Yes, to say she was shocked was putting it mildly. (Especially because her real birthday is not for 2 more weeks!)


Bec spent the rest of the night catching up with friends, eating yummy food from Cantina, chowing down on a delicious cake, and in her mind, running through all the lies that Mike & Kelly had been telling her for 2 months. Oh yes, this was a major production and I am so proud of them for pulling it off!

Mike put SO much thought into this party, from the fancy invitations with calligraphy, to the catered meal (Bec's fave Mexican restaurant), and using the same cake lady from their wedding. Check out the cake & koozies...hilarious!


Bec's reaction to seeing the koozies...priceless!

It was such a fun, chill night, and I was so happy to be there & be a part of it. Bec, you are such a wonderful person and I hope you realized that night how many people love & appreciate you! Happy early birthday, old lady! :)

4 comments:

  1. happy early bday bec! so great em that you and lora could be there! fun fun fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW FUN!!!!! So happy she was surprised, looked like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am losing it in my old age. I usually know when the hubs is doing something sneaky! THANK YOU so much for making the trip- it meant the world. Love you and sticks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is awesome! way to go mike! so fun that you could be there too!! i am working on a plan for christmas, i so want to meet your kiddos and see you. you know since we are all bff's again by blogs ;-)

    ReplyDelete