Sunday, December 4, 2011

Visiting Santa

Nate was happy to hear that Santa decided to leave Murfreesboro and visit our mall in Tuscaloosa! :) We took the kids to see Santa yesterday and Nate could hardly wait to write his "list" out to give Santa. He had a little help from me, but see if you can read it:

I love that he asked for something for Abby too! :) And that little circle thing to the left of his name is supposed to a heart. Love.this.boy!

We knew Nate would love Santa, b/c he'd been fine the past 2 years when meeting him. But Abby was a different story last year....she screamed and screamed and only calmed down when she sat on MY lap (and they cropped me out of the picture). Click here to see last year's pic.

Needless to say, we did not have high hopes this year for Abby. Because, just like Nate was at 2 years old, she has a huge fear of older men. Especially ones with beards! (Poppy is the one exception!) So....going into it, I told Greg we were NOT going to purchase a pic for $25, b/c I knew Abby would be sobbing. Instead, I just snuck a few pictures on my own camera, for your viewing pleasure. Abby looks P.I.T.I.F.U.L!!! Poor thing was reaching for me, screaming "Mommy!" and I'm just like "Hold on sweetheart, let me get a picture of you sobbing real quick!"

Mom-of-the-year right here.


Nate was excited to give his letter to Santa, though he doesn't look it here. Santa put it in his bag, to take it to the North Pole to the elves! Wolverine Claw, here we come!

Abby cheered up as soon as she got off Santa's lap, and then we spotted a kiddie train that had tracks around Santa's Wonderland. So neat! We thought they'd take a lap or two, but I think the ride lasted close to 20 laps!! Nate & Abby sat in the front car so they could ring the bell, with a boy from Nate's school actually. Evan recognized us and said "Nate, sit with me!" So stinkin' cute.


Baby Girl looooooves sitting on her Daddy's shoulders. And in this instance, yanking on his ears!!

What a great family afternoon! Love this holiday season!!

4 comments:

  1. we had the same reaction with tucker year one! it was awesome. he was screaming, the weird santa was just sitting there emotionless - while I snapped some "memories" ha ha! that train is awesome, i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love those pictures, so funny!!! And I love Nate's "Letter"! I don't know why but seeing that he wants a Wolverine makes me giggle :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha poor abs! did nate ever do that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember taking Greg to a mall in Memphis for him to see Santa and to also ride the train that circled him, he seemed to always enjoy it too. Like father like son---Aunt Molly

    ReplyDelete