Thursday, December 8, 2011

More Christmas Activities

Monday night, Greg was teaching late, so I met a friend and we took the kids downtown for the Christmas tree lighting at the courthouse and then the parade!!

Sadie & Nate were too cute...were holding hands on & off through the night

Of course Miss Priss wanted a picture all to herself

The tree in all its glory! (From what I hear, this "event" was supposed to be a bigger deal than it was...picture: Christmas carols, big crowds, etc. But it had rained on & off all day so I think they cancelled a lot of it. Bummer.)

After the tree lighting, we had some time to kill before the parade, so we hoofed it over to Mellow Mushroom for dinner. And since the weather cleared up & was unseasonably warm, we were able to sit outside. The kids got to run around, and we had the perfect view of the street for when the parade started.

Finally, an hour later, the parade began! Of course it started 10 minutes after our food came. So we were back & forth between the street & our table. (I thought we'd sit and watch the parade from our table but oh no, the kids wanted a closer look. I should have known.) At one point, most of us just grabbed our pizza pieces and ate them while standing on the sidewalks. Ha! The kids had fun running around, eating, and watching bits & pieces of the parade.






The last float was Santa!!! The kids were pumped to see him & wave at him.

Have I mentioned that I love this town & all the holiday activities!?

3 comments: