Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Decking the Halls

It just hit me...I haven't blogged or posted pics of all Christmas decor!! Greg hates that the.day.after.Thanksgiving every year, I ask him to help me get the Christmas stuff out of the attic. I just love decorating for Christmas!!

Our rental house has a beautiful bay window, the perfect spot for our tree this year. Two things that are a MUST for me, regarding the tree: 1) It must be real - I love the smell! and 2) Greg has to humor me and let me tell stories about each ornament as I put them on the tree. They range from ones I made as a kid, ones from Greg's childhood, random ones we've gotten as gifts, annual pics of the kids, our UNC & Wake ornaments, and ones I've bought for the kids each year. Such a fun mixture and lots of memories!

Not the greatest pic, but here's our living room (which we rarely use, ha!)

I have collected snowglobes since I was a kid, and here are some of my favorites in our foyer...

The stockings were hung by the chimney with care...

My favorite room in our new house, the dining room! We've done so much entertaining since we've moved!


This year, I decided to let Nate have a tree in his room. It's a little 3 ft tree that was actually mine & Greg's tree in our first apartment, back in 2002 in Chapel Hill. Nate handpicked all the ornaments from my stash, and of course had his 3 Hallmark ones front & center: Elmo, Mickey Mouse, and Buzz/Woody. (This is a tradition that my mom started for us...getting a Hallmark Keepsake ornament every year. She still does it for us girls, and now I do it for my kids!) As you can tell, he's just a wee bit proud of his tree :)

And of course, what would Christmas be without a light-up Rudolph nose?!

2 comments:

  1. I loved seeing all these pictures of your place - it is so great! Nate's tree is my favorite - what a great mom you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL! I need to get you a Tennessee ornament!

    ReplyDelete