First of all, let me just say that the kids did A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!! We would love to make the movies a monthly family tradition, if we could figure out some way to spend less than $40! (Seriously, when did matinee tickets cost over $7? Ridiculous.)
Anyways, we were super proud of the kids, especially Abby. There are not many two year olds who could sit still for an hour and a half! (Of course, coke & endless popcorn helped!) She really did surprise us though. We were fully prepared to take turns taking her out to the lobby to let her run around.
We bought our snacks, and made our way to the movie theater. After getting the kids situated (and realizing that Abby was barely heavy enough to hold the folding seat down – so we stuffed all our jackets in her seat), we dished out the popcorn and cokes. Yes, I am that mom that brought in bowls so we could each have our own popcorn bowl. One large popcorn goes a loooong way! And what kid doesn’t love a sippy cup of coke!?
GPGL4c/
The previews were taking forever and the kids were starting to get antsy. I realized it was 15 minutes past the start time AND there were like NO kids in the theater. All adults. Weird, especially for a kids’ movie. Greg went outside to make sure we were in the right theater. WRONG. Oops!!! So we hurried next door and caught the movie, about 2 minutes in. We didn’t get great seats b/c it was pretty packed, but oh well.
Abby was soooo funny during the first half of the movie...barely moved a muscle. She was just mesmorized by the big screen, the chipmunks, the music, everything. Greg said she wouldn’t even turn her head to reach for her sippy cup. Just reached out and felt around for it each time. Hilarious!
Nate started out sitting by me and asked one.million.questions (Rick Jr). And this kid has NOT mastered the art of whispering!! At one point, he looked over at me and said “Mommy, this is fun!” :) Melt me.
About halfway through the movie, the kids decided to switch seats b/c Abby wanted to sit by me. She was so sweet, wanted me hold her hand too. Poor Nate got scared & teary-eyed at the end b/c there is a volcano eruption, but not Abby. She’s so brave! In fact, two minutes later, she was STANDING UP in her seat, jumping & dancing! She’s my spunky one, and I love it.
It was a really cute movie, and I recommend it. Greg and I both laughed and were thoroughly entertained. And the kids loved all the music and dancing!!
How fun!!!!!! Great pics too! YES.. previews tick me off.. we now save a seat and someone runs Grant in the hall till the movie starts! So annoying! So glad it went well!
ReplyDeleteGood to know Chipmunks was a hit! I understand the bowls, I bring ziplocs.
ReplyDelete