The kids had a ton of fun helping me bake the cookies yesterday....using the cookie cutters, rolling out the dough, and of course, smearing flour everywhere. How cute are they in their aprons?? Nate found that "chef hat" and would not take it off! They thought it was cool that they could wipe their dirty hands right on the aprons. Yes, my kids are deprived.
Lots of neighbors generously donated to the cause, as I was scrambling last minute to get decorations, card tables, sprinkles, cookies, and icing together. We are so fortunate to have found yet another neighborhood full of love, a strong sense of community, and lots of wonderful traditions!!
We had about 10 people show up and decorate a TON of cookies, to be eaten at the annual neighborhood Christmas party tomorrow night. (There will be luminaries too; so excited for that! Stay tuned for those pics.)
Nate's favorite part of the cookie decorating party was eating the donuts & orange juice that I had out. And taking bites of cookies when I wasn't looking.(These cookies will have to come with a warning at the party: EAT AT YOUR OWN RISK. Lots of licking and eating going on. Ha!) And Abby, well....that girl just LOVES some sprinkles. Seriously!? She shoved her face in the plate in order to LICK the plate. Yes, I'm serious.
We had a great time, made some beautiful & yummy cookies met some new neighbors, and got an awesome sugar high! :)
that is awesome! i love this neighborhood that you are in! and i must say it looks like you pulled off a great party with little notice!
ReplyDeleteThat is awesome, we are going to our neighborhood cookie decorating party today. I love your neighborhood!
ReplyDelete