It's hard to believe my baby girl is turning SIX today!!
Abby is full of personality, sass, sweetness, and smiles. And a bit of teenager as well :) But most of all, the thing I love about Abby is her heart. She is so demonstrative with her love for her family & friends.... She always wants to make a card for someone (I think my total is up to 804,349 right now!), and she is the first to offer a hug or run for an ice pack when Nate gets hurt. If I'm cleaning the house, she offers to wash the windows or sweep the stairs, without even being asked. And today, when I asked what she wanted for her birthday treat at school, she asked for something gluten-free because her good buddy Gaines (read: her boyfriend) is allergic to gluten!!
[Now, don't get me wrong....not every day is butterflies & rainbows with Abby. She knows how to push her brother's buttons like no one else, and she can turn from sweet to exhausting in about 2.2 seconds. But, today, on her birthday, I'm going to harp on her good side!]
Abby is happiest when:
...she is outside with the neighbors: playing, singing, giggling, swinging, selling crafts,
or hiding from the boys
.....she is having "girl time" and having Mommy paint her nails
.....she is at school and getting to read with her buddy Erin. She has come SO FAR with her reading since school started. I'm so proud of her!
.....she is in the craft room, working on a project or card for someone
.....she is having a dance party after dinner in the playroom. My girl has some moves!
......she is at gymnastics, perfecting her cartwheels & splits
.....she is building a fort with Nate
....she is showing off her cheerleading skills. (She took a "Cheer Camp" a few weeks ago, but I'm waiting to blog on that until I receive some pictures & videos from the photographer. Let's just say, it was the cutest thing ever. And, surprisingly, she's pretty good!)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
How about a stroll down memory lane to see how much she's changed over the years.....
| My itty bitty Abby Reece! This was a newborn sized outfit :) |
| 6 months old / the beginning of her "Rooster" hair |
| 12 months old |
| 18 months old & full of sass already |
![]() |
| 2 years old & happiest when she's swinging |
| 2.5 years old & her love of accessories begins! |
![]() |
| 3 years old |
| 3.5 years old |
| 4 years old |
| 4.5 years old |
| 5 years old |
![]() |
| 5.5 years old |
| My 6 year old cheerleading babe! |
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Every year, I ask the kids the same questions. The kids moan & groan when I do it during their birthday breakfast, but luckily, they still indulge me :)
How old are you? 6
What makes you happy? Playing with friends
What is your favorite animal? Cat (Specifically: Whitesox, from down the street)
What is your favorite thing to eat? Grits
What is your least favorite thing to eat? Lettuce
What is your favorite thing to do? Dance
What is your favorite TV show? Lab Rats
What are you really good at? Coloring
What is your favorite movie? Annie
What is your favorite color? Pink
What is your favorite song? “Whip Nae Nae" by Silento
Who is your best friend? Nate
What do you and your Mom do together? Play games
What do you and your Dad do together? Read & "snoogle"
What is your favorite sport? Gymnastics
Where is your favorite place to go? Beach
What is your favorite book? All the Clifford ones
What do you want to be when you grow up? A Star / Singer
If you want to recap her labor story, click here. (And, I apologize for the awful formatting on my old blog; I'm not sure why half of it disappeared!!)
*We have lots of surprises and yummy food in store for the birthday girl today,
so stay tuned for blog post #2!*



I love seeing how she has changed over time. I think she really started to look like "herself" at 3. Happy birthday, Abby! Daddy loves ya :)
ReplyDeleteWow! Six years has flown by! It is exciting to see the person she is becoming but sad to see the baby/ toddler she left behind.
ReplyDelete