Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Abby's Day

Abby's birthday started off right....with presents!
 
Nate picked out a pink owl named Treble, from one of Abby's favorite shows "Little Charmers." And then Greg & I gave her 2 Clifford books, a Barbie dvd, and 2 pairs of shoes for church. The girl loves shoes! :)
 While Abby was opening presents (keep in mind, this is at 6:45 am!), Greg was slaving away on his special girl's birthday breakfast. Daddy is NOT a morning person, but it's amazing the things he will do for his daughter :) She requested french toast, sausage, and pears. YUM!
 And I can't get over how sweet (and hilarious) Nate's card to Abby was.
He wrote this / thought of this all on his own. I love him! :)
 I joined Abby for lunch yesterday at school, and brought brownie treats for both kindergarten classes. I also let my kids have a lunchable on their birthday, which they get soooooooooo excited about! #momoftheyear
 When we got home that evening from karate, Abby had a package waiting for her....from Aunt Gena! Clearly, Abby is not spoiled at all :)
 She loves ALL of her gifts, but especially the Barbie artist tote and sketch book. Our neighbor Kate came right over, and they began designing away!! :) #futurefashiondesigner
 Daddy was a hot commodity yesterday....Abby requested her most favorite food ever - GRITS - for dinner. And that is one of Daddy's specialties! So we had "breakfast for dinner:" grits, eggs, bacon, biscuits, and strawberries.
She made a "grit sandwich" with her biscuit. Ha!
 After dinner, Abby got to pick the family game, and she chose PicWits. It's always hilarious playing that with these two. (Check it out if your kids are 5+ years old; it's a great family game!)
 
Then it was time for the cake....well, the cookie cake. How can you go wrong with a cookie cake!? Abby is not particular; she just likes having candles to blow out.

Happy 6th birthday to my sweet Abby Reece! We love you so much!!

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe she's six!! That feels so grown up!! Way to go, Mom and Dad, for making her birthday great! And I also love Nate's card! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete