We had visitors in town last weekend for Abby's birthday festivities! Nanny & Poppy arrived on Thursday the 12th, and immediately Abby asked to start opening presents. Duh.
![]() |
| Thanks for the creepy Barbie head! |
These days, the kids love nothing more than a good board game. Which makes me so happy because I was the same way as a kid! (Still am, actually.) While I was cooking dinner, they played PicWits with N&P....
....and later that night we all played Pictionary. A new game for the kids and they loved it! We played Girls vs. Boys, and Abby clenched the game winning point for the girls! Nanny - the fabulous artist - drew a fox, and Abby guessed it. (She was sooooo proud of her herself.) Girl Power!
Friday, the kids went to school and I spent the day with N&P. We did some party prep, ate lunch at T-Town Café, and then got the playroom ready for the big "Disney Reveal." (Back story: I started planning our December trip to Disney back in January. Yep, January. There is going to be 12 of us (!) so it's been quite the task. Anyways, I have been keeping all this from the kids but finally decided it was time to tell them about our trip! I had shirts made, got balloons, and made a poster, and had it all out to surprise them when they got home from school....
Aunt Lora flew in just in time to be the videographer, while I took pictures. Nanny led them in, and here is Abby's face upon seeing it all:
Nate was in shock:
They were excited but definitely more underwhelmed than I thought. Oh well, I think that was my fault in building this up so much. They barely even know what Disney is since they've never been there! Hopefully the excitement will build over the next 30 days....
Playing with more new gifts, with Aunt Lora.....a bracelet maker!
Abby decided to have a "party" in her room, and handed out invitations to everyone. Then, we had to present the invitations at her door, and she checked us off her list. Too funny!
| She is quite the bouncer! |
She had various stations at her party: dancing, kitchen, reading, and sitting in a basket. HA!
Saturday was a beautiful day, so we headed to the Space Net to take Aunt Lora for a climb!
Abby was more interested in flower picking than climbing....
Abby's party was at 2 pm, so I put everyone to work.
Including these two:
We didn't have time to open presents at the party, so guess what we did when we got home!? This girl is SO loved by so many people! She got Barbies, books, craft sets, a sewing machine (!) and the cutest craft apron I've ever seen.
Getting right to work on the sewing machine. Nate was more than eager to help! He said "Abby, let's build something!" Ha!
Without fail, Greg falls asleep at every.single.party we have. I'm talking on a patio chair, in a rocking chair, on the floor, whatever. Well, not this year! He waited till we got home :)
More sewing machine fun, with help from the expert, Nanny.
| Her first creation - a handbag! |
Saturday night, we cuddled by the fire and played - you guessed it - another game. Scattergories! This is definitely the kids new favorite game, and it provided hours of laughs and yelling at Nanny over her absurd answers! :)
| #Nannysdone |
| Abby's bestie |
Sunday, Aunt Lora had to fly out early. Boo!! We went to church, saw one of Nate's good friends get baptized, and then came home for playtime. And cap guns. This kid is a nut and was running around the yard trying to find & shoot Nanny. She was a good sport!
Sunday afternoon, Nate had a First Reconciliation retreat at church for 2.5 hours, so we dropped him off and had a mini-girls day! Abby is obsessed with a new book she got for her birthday, "Finley Flowers." Her first chapter book! She could not put it down.
Time for pedis! I let her pick my color & she picked mint.
Ummmm, okay.
Abby asked for a treat, so we went to Barnes & Noble for hot chocolate and a cookie! And reading of course :) The barista asked for Abby's name when we were ordering, to put it on her cup. Then when she asked for Nanny's name, Abby yelled "It's Nanny!" :) Too cute.
Sunday night, something rare happened. Poppy painted!! I really think this is the first time in his life, so it had to be recorded. Abby can ask that man for anything and he will do it :)
Monday morning, the kids went to school and my parents headed home to NC. Unfortunately, on the way home, something tragic happened. Their beloved O'Malley - whom had been with us the whole visit in Alabama - passed away. They are not sure what happened; perhaps his heart gave out. He was only 10 1/2 years old.
He was an amazing and beloved dog, and will be sorely missed. We love you, O'Malley!



I really thought I wouldn't fall asleep this year :) Sorry!
ReplyDeleteGreat weekend except for losing my sweet puppy. Thank you for mentioning him. He was 10 and a half though.
ReplyDeleteSorry Mom, I will change it!
ReplyDelete