Abby turned 4 1/2 years old on Saturday!!
Not many families celebrate "half" birthdays, but for some reason, our crazy family does! :) It started back in February when Nate's half birthday coincided with a visit from my parents. We thought it'd be funny - as a joke - to do a half birthday party. Complete with a half cupcake, half birthday hat, and half of the birthday song sung to him. Well, apparently it was a hit because Abby has been counting down the days until her half birthday! Oops!
So, I le Abby pick out her own cupcakes this weekend, and she opted for the minis. Fine by me. Here she is, in all of her 4.5 year old glory:
Abby Reece continues to amaze me & entertain me at 4.5 years old.....
.....she loves picking out her daily outfits, from head to toe. It is a pain-staking process (for me) each day, but she delights in every second and then admires her handiwork while twirling in the mirror :)
......most of her waking hours are spent in our craft room. She loves to color, do crafts, and create "cards" for her friends and family. She has amazing handwriting and coloring skills and has recently perfected drawing hearts and rainbows and suns!
.....and if she's not in the craft room, she's outside. She loves drawing with chalk, playing with our neighbors, climbing (small) trees, and most recently, swinging on our swing set! Oh that girl can swing for hours. (Which is why we're getting a floodlight installed outside soon. So she can even swing in the dark, ha!)
......she has THE best laugh in the world. The #1 person that makes her laugh is herself :) And then Nate, and then Greg. Her laugh is contagious and one of the sweetest sounds in the world.
.....her two best friends are Mia & Indya, and both just happened to have their birthday parties on Saturday! Abby was in heaven.
.....her two best friends are Mia & Indya, and both just happened to have their birthday parties on Saturday! Abby was in heaven.
| Yes, we had to do a costume change :) |
......it is not unusual for Abby to be singing 24/7. In her room, while she's going to the bathroom, in the car, while she's coloring, you name it. There is also a lot of booty-shaking going on as well. My girl has some rhythm! (In fact, I just signed her up for a "Tights & Tiaras" dance camp in late July. Lord help me!)
.....she (& Nate) have become obsessed with Pokémon. There is a new episode on every day at 2 pm and they are so excited to watch it after school!
.....she insists that I carry her down the stairs each morning. I am not kidding. She clearly thinks she is a princess and it is getting old, ha!
......she loves my iPhone but not for the reason most kids do. I don't have any games on my phone, but Abby could care less. All she wants to do is watch videos....of herself. Case in point, we were at the dentist on Monday and she wanted me to take a video of herself singing "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom," so she could watch it replay 100x. So I did :) Here it is for your viewing pleasure!
Abby Reece, I hardly remember what life was like before you! I think it was a bit quieter, but with that being said, it was a lot less interesting too!! I love you and can't believe you are already 4 1/2 years old. Stop growing please!
.....she (& Nate) have become obsessed with Pokémon. There is a new episode on every day at 2 pm and they are so excited to watch it after school!
.....she insists that I carry her down the stairs each morning. I am not kidding. She clearly thinks she is a princess and it is getting old, ha!
......she loves my iPhone but not for the reason most kids do. I don't have any games on my phone, but Abby could care less. All she wants to do is watch videos....of herself. Case in point, we were at the dentist on Monday and she wanted me to take a video of herself singing "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom," so she could watch it replay 100x. So I did :) Here it is for your viewing pleasure!
Abby Reece, I hardly remember what life was like before you! I think it was a bit quieter, but with that being said, it was a lot less interesting too!! I love you and can't believe you are already 4 1/2 years old. Stop growing please!
we're going to do ice cream cones at nana's house for addy's 3.5 year :). abby sounds like a great girly gal!
ReplyDeleteCarrying her down the stairs in the morning! Ha! That cracks me up!
ReplyDeleteAnd way to go on the handwriting and coloring! That is a work in progress over here!
I love her confidence! Loving videos of herself is too cute!
How cute! The half hat is hilarious!
ReplyDeleteHow in the world did she end up being so girly? The half party hat still cracks me up every time I see it:)
ReplyDeleteI think you may have created a monster ( with the half birthdays). She is a CHARACTER that is for sure! I love the that sweet sassiness and attitude she has but just glad I won't have to deal with ;when she is 12.
ReplyDelete