Saturday, May 24, 2014

School's Out!

The kids had their last day of school yesterday!!! As usual, it is pretty bittersweet.... I know they will miss their friends & teachers (and I will miss some alone time!), but it's also fun to have no schedule, go to the pool a lot, sleep in (!) and have some fun playdates.
 
Check out Nate's pictures from the 1st day of kindergarten vs. his last day. His neck and legs have grown the most!! :)
I always ask the kids this "Favorites" survey at the end-of-the-year. I love to see how their answers change from year to year!
 
TV Show - Pokemon
Song – “I Wanna Be Rich” by Calloway
Color – Red
Subject - Science
Toy – Pokemon cards
Activity - Legos
Game – War
Food – Quesadilla
Outfit – NinjaGo shirt
Treat – Mini-drumsticks (Ice cream)
Book - Pokemon
Best Friend – Mason
I am good at….Art
I am not very good at….Gymnastics
My favorite thing about school is….Math
My least favorite thing about school is…Doing a lot of tests
Three words that describe me…..Smart, awesome, cool
 
Check out Abby's 1st day vs. last day pictures. She has changed so much....from losing her baby fat and getting taller/leaner, to learning how to pose, ha!
 And here are her favorites:
 
TV Show - Pokemon
Movie - Cinderella
Song – “Happy” by Pharrell Williams
Color – Pink
Subject - Coloring
Toys – Baby dolls
Activity - Coloring
Game – Sequence
Food – Spaghetti
Outfit - Tutu
Treat – Chocolate brownies
Book – Snow White
Best Friend – Indya
I am good at….Dancing
I am not very good at….Whistling
My favorite thing about school is….Playing with friends
My least favorite thing about school is…Naptime
Three words that describe me…..Silly, sassy, sweet

Abby's class had a "beach party" the last day, so all of the girls loved wearing their neon colors, leis, bathing suits, grass skirts, and flowers.
Abby & Mia

Abby & Harper

Abby and sweet Mrs. McCullough!!
 School dismissed at 1 pm, so we met some friends at Summer Snow for some yummy snow cones!! Daddy even took a break from work and met us there.

 Then, we were off to the pool for the first time this season!!! Nate is FINALLY tall enough to go down the big waterslide!!! This is a big deal....it has been 2 years in the making. It was especially hard last summer when his bud Chandler (pictured above) was tall enough & Nate wasn't. Eating those green veggies paid off though! :)


 As expected, Nate looooved the waterslide and went down a total of 6 times! (I even went down once too - super fun!)



It was actually a bit weird for me, because he is old/tall enough to go down the slide by himself, as well as float around the lazy river. I was in the main part of the pool with Abby, and Nate would ask to go float by himself. And since he can touch the bottom - it's 4 ft all the way around - I said he could.  It felt strange - and a little sad - that he didn't need me!! Of course, I kept my eye on him, but still....he's getting too big :(

Anyways, it was a great way to kick off summer and then we headed out for Mexican food that night for dinner, with Daddy. I think that will be a new tradition actually. What better way to celebrate the end of the school year than with margs, beer, chips & salsa!?






 

2 comments:

  1. I seriously cant get past Nates favorite song! I CANT STOP LAUGHING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe Nate is big enough to go down the slide. I remember when he was so impressed that Nanny and Poppy went down it! I guess those days are over! Have to think of a new trick!

    ReplyDelete