Sunday, May 4, 2014

Nate's Spirit Run & Field Day

Friday was Nate's first time participating in Field Day!! I don't know about you, but I loooooved this day as a kid. It hasn't changed much, except for the fact that "everyone wins" now, ha! :) Greg & I had been talking this day up for weeks, so to say Nate was excited was an understatement.
 
As mentioned in my previous post, Abby's class did their Spirit Run first. So while Greg & I were watching that, Nate's class did a 50 yard soccer dribble. We joined them on their 2nd event, in the gym, for the ball relay.
One of his new best buds, Mason. They bond over all things Pokémon! :)
 After just two events, the kids were already hot & hungry, so we headed to the snack tent for a break.

After snack, it was time for the Spirit Run!! Nate has participated in the Spirit Run twice before, so he knew was to expect. He had a ball and as usual, we enjoyed watching him. He can run really fast, when he wants to :)



 Click here and here to watch short clips of Nate running.
 
Click here to watch Greg in action, as a "marker." (He put a tally mark on kids' wristbands each time they completed a lap. Nate loved having his Daddy participating!!)
 
Click here to watch this last clip that I love! Nate shouts "35," which meant he was on his last lap. (Though he actually decided to continue on to do 41 laps for some reason! :)
 Holy Spirit has the most amazing program called "Sixth Grade Buddies," where each kindergartener is paired up with a sixth grader for different events throughout the year. And they get to sit together at campus mass every Thursday. Nate has thought of the world of his buddy, Brady, since Day 1, and apparently the feeling is mutual. (I met Brady's mom at Field Day, and he says Brady wants to meet Nate at a park this summer so she got my cell number. How cute!!)
Brady (yes, he is kneeling!) & Nate
After the Spirit Run, the kids met up with the other kindergarten class at two bouncy houses. Always fun!
The kids started declining pretty fast after this, so we headed inside to cool off, have some lunch, and watch a short movie.
 
The kids got their second wind when we headed outside that afternoon. Click here to watch a short video of the clothes race. I LOVED his face during this!!
The "winning" relay team :)
 Next up: paddleball relays. Most kids cheated on this - held the ball with their other hand - but not my Boy Scout! :)
 Then, it was time for the potato sack race. I knew this would either be a big hit, or a complete disaster. Luckily, Nate was more coordinated than I expected, and told me this was his favorite event of the day! Click here to watch a short video of the potato sack race.
 Then we moved onto the crabwalk/cageball contest. This looked like so much fun; I wanted to do it! Click here to watch a short video of the cageball contest. 
 
Next up: parachute fun!

Finally, for our last event, we moved into the gym. (Hallelujah!!) Click here to watch a short video of the scooter race. Nate is a slooooow driver, just like his Dad. Ha!

*Obligatory selfie*
 And then we cooled off with ice cream right before dismissal. What a day!!!
 
**I want to say a BIG thank you to all of our family members who donated money for the kids' Spirit Run! We really appreciate it!!**









1 comment:

  1. Field Day is not like I'm used to! This is the elite version of field day, I would have loved this!

    ReplyDelete