Monday, May 12, 2014

My Mother's Day

My Mother's Day celebration started on Friday, as Abby's class hosted a "Mother's Day Luncheon." She was so excited for me to come eat with her, and insisted on picking out one of her prettiest dresses for the occasion :)
Praying during the blessing

She picked out my outfit too :)
 Lunch was delicious - hot dogs & chips, ha! - and it was nice to sit with a few other moms and chat. Abby's teacher did such a great job on all the gifts....my favorite was a photo album with pictures of her throughout the year!! It's so hard not to be there for all the "little" moments Abby has at school - not the parties, or holidays, but just the everyday stuff. Well, her teacher captured lots of those and I'm so thankful! And then if you can read the certificate in the bottom left corner, it says "My Mom is the greatest because..........." and Abby filled in "she washes my clothes." That is so true, I have to do laundry about every other day so Abby can keep wearing her favorite tutus over and over. Ha!
 Nate came home with a canvas bag decorated with handprints (I helped make this during Craft Day earlier in the year, ha!) and then a bag filled with favorite things....gum, Hershey kisses, etc. Cute! And in his card, his favorite 3 things about me included:
1. I make his lunch everyday
2. I fix his boo boos
3. I tell funny jokes!
 Then on Sunday, the best present of all - EVERYONE in our house slept in until 8 am!!!! It was a Mother's Day miracle, because I cannot remember the last time I slept in till 8! I'm thinking it was before I had kids, so, 7 years ago! :)
 
Nate was so excited to show me all my surprises in the kitchen, because he & Daddy had gone on a secret mission on Saturday while Abby & I were at two birthday parties.  They got me flowers, lots of cards (5 from Abby!), and chocolate goodies which included chocolate covered oreos, nutter butters, and BACON! (I had been wanting to try chocolate-covered bacon for awhile. But it was a bit of a letdown.)

My two biggest accomplishments :)
 Greg usually fixes me breakfast in bed for Mother's Day, but we decided to switch it up and head to Another Broken Egg for breakfast. Good call because they have beignets! And oh do we love beignets!!
Sugar lipstick

Not afraid to lick every last ounce of powdered sugar off his hands :)

Everyone ordered normal breakfasts, and then Abby gets a large bowl of grits. That's it, just grits. And yes she ate that whole bowl!!

Outside photo op

The boy that made me a mom :)
Greg did a lot of yardwork the rest of the day and checked many things off of his "honey-do" list :) And then he fixed me bacon-wrapped filets, mashed potatoes, and fresh green beans for dinner. What a great day and it was nice to feel the love :)

3 comments:

  1. You wash her clothes!! HA! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love you, Em. You mean the world to us. Hey, those are some good lookin flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being a Mom is the Best but it is nice to be appreciated! It is even better when kids grow up and realize how much they love you. Happy Mother's Day to my Daughter who is an awesome mother.

    ReplyDelete