Saturday, May 17, 2014

Abby's "Olympics"

Abby's gymnastics season has come to a close, and she took part in the "Olympics" (aka recital) this morning. Now, usually her Wednesday class only has 3 other girls in it. But apparently there are like 30 girls aged 3-4 that take gymnastics at this gym!! They decided to combine them all and have them fill the first time slot of the day, from 8-9:30 am. None of the other girls in Abby's class showed up today (!) but she still had fun even though she didn't know anyone.
 
The girls were broken up into groups of 8, and Abby's group was on the trampoline first. Each girl took a turn doing a pencil jump, squat jump, zig zap jump, and seat drops. Click here to watch one of Abby's turns on the trampoline. (And I apologize for the quality of videos - it was super crowded in there and we were seated way far back, unfortunately.)
 
Click here to watch Abby do a wall handstand.
 
Doing a "train" while rotating to the next station
Click here to watch Abby on the high beam.
 
Click here to watch Abby laughing at her silly Daddy in the audience.
 
For weeks, Abby's class had been practicing their "floor routine" dance. Let's just say, it was a hot mess from the beginning, so I knew this would be entertaining. I wasn't disappointed :) Click here to watch Abby's group "floor routine."
Cheering on his little sis!
After each rotation, the kids had their names called out and go to stand on the podium with their medal and certificate. They were told to wave to the crowd, but Abby decided to be shy and that didn't happen. She's still cute though! :) Click here to watch Abby receive her award.

With Coach Jordan!

Ta da!
 They had this really cute "photo booth" set up - with a Hollywood theme, even though the recital was an Olympics theme!? Regardless, the kids had fun picking out different props and taking pictures. I could barely tear Miss Priss away!

Love her legs here. Sassy Pants!
 We promised Abby if she did a good job at the recital, we'd go to Krispy Kreme afterwards. She rewarded herself by picking out the donut with the most sprinkles :)
I am so proud of Abby for doing her first sport/activity, and receiving her first medal!!! She has watched Nate through many seasons of soccer, and one basketball season, so I was glad she finally had something of her own. We are taking a break from gymnastics during the summer, but I hope to enroll her again when school starts. She has learned so much and had a blast doing it.
 
We love you, little Mary Lou!

3 comments:

  1. Sweet girl... that floor routine is hysterical!!!! Great job Abby! And um.. Id give my right arm for a bite of that donut!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. None of her class showed up!? That's bizarre!

    Good for her for doing great even without knowing anyone! I say that is a big triumph!

    And I think that her partner at the beginning of the floor routine is our neighbor, Mallory! Fun! They were cute, even if a hot mess!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think she has definitely improved whether she is Mary Lou material remains to be seen. The important thing is she has fun!

    ReplyDelete