Thursday, May 3, 2012

These Days...

I seem to be in a bad habit of only blogging about big events: birthday parties, fun playdates, trips, etc. However, I do keep a journal of all the "little" stuff, and thought I'd share what the kids are up to these days....

NATE
...is a self-proclaimed math nerd. When I ask how his day was at school, he always tells me how awesome math is and wants to show me those worksheets first.
...doesn't have a mean bone in his body. While that is nothing new, he did say the sweetest thing to me yesterday as we were walking out the door. He told me he had a secret and then whispered in my ear "I love Abby!"
...loves to play board games. Current favorite: Candyland
...is all or nothing when it comes to naptime. He will either take NO nap at all or I have to WAKE HIM after 3 hours. Weirdo.
...likes to strip down to just his boxer briefs before naptime & bedtime. Have I mentioned how cute a 4.5 yr old with extra skinny legs in just underwear is!?
...loves to "teach" Abby what he learned at school each day. So far, she knows all of her colors and can count to 14, thanks to Professor Nathan.
...is very interested in Spanish (this is probably b/c he is on a Diego & Dora kick lately). I have had to brush up on the Spanish I learned in high school to remember some of the words he's asking about! (Good thing I have a new friend from Colombia if I need reinforcements!!) :)

ABBY
...is going to be on a stage one day. She sings & dances and loves music like no other. Whether we're at home, in the car, or in a store, she dances if she hears any type of music. Her all-time favorite song to dance to is the "Chipmunks" song (aka Beyonce's "Single Ladies). As for her fave songs to sing? Well, the other day she surprised me in the car by singing along with both a Zac Brown Band song and a Taylor Swift song. Who needs the Hokey Pokey?!
...has been having a lot of nightmares lately, and tells me there are "bad guys" in her room :(
...loves to watch the birds outside. Whenever we buy a house here, I'm going to decorate her room with birds, for sure!
...is Miss Independent. She wants to pick out her clothes, dress herself, pick out & put on her shoes, push the door open/close button on the van, AND do her own seatbelt. Sometimes all these are helpful; sometimes not.
...is LOVING her big-girl bed!! We have only had one or two fiascos so far. After I put her down for nap/bed, she immediately gets out of bed to get a book, and then brings it to bed with her. She'll "read" for 10 minutes and then pass out. Sometimes with the book on her head (no joke). And she gets mad at me if I come to get her immediately after she wakes up. She prefers to have a few minutes to herself to sit in her little chair, read, play with her dollhouse, etc.
...is not a fan of breakfast anymore. Her fave food at lunch is a hot dog. And her fave at dinner is the green vegetable. No kidding - this girl can eat a helping of okra in under 15 seconds. It is the weirdest thing!
...has the cutest daily routine when saying goodbye to Daddy. She pats his "wawoo hair" (his hair is wet from the shower), gives him a kiss, then opens the door for him. She then proceeds to open the door up again and say "nudder diss!" (translation: another kiss). Then we have to stand at the window and wave, blow kisses, and make funny faces at Daddy till he drives away. Oh how this girl loves her Daddy!
And oh how I love these kiddos!

1 comment:

  1. cute, love these types of posts. and i already said this, but i swear abby's face changed in just your last 2 posts! her smile is new! seriously, i think it totally changed! and totally cute, of course :).

    ReplyDelete