Greg was out of town the past few days (for his litle brother's graduation from UC-Boulder; congrats Dr. Kevin!) and so I got to spend a little extra quality time with the kids. I knew they would miss Greg a ton - especially in the evenings, when they get to horseplay with Daddy, etc. So I mustered up the extra strength and made sure to do some special activities with them. We had such a ball....went out to dinner with friends, had a movie night complete with ice cream sundaes, had a water blaster playdate, built forts, and played board games.
And though I think I already knew this, I really came to the realization this weekend that I have the BEST kids. I had such a great time with them these past few days, and feel that they are the sweetest, funniest, cutest kiddos around. I'm so lucky they call ME their mom!!
Nate has been working on a secret project at school for some time, and was thrilled to give me my Mother's Day "purse-book" on Friday. It is one of the sweetest, most hilarious things I've ever seen. And so, of course, I will cherish it forever.
My Mother: A True Story
by Nate Givens
1. My mom is happy when…..her friends are here
2. My mom’s favorite color is…..purple or pink
3. My mom really likes to……be by herself sometimes
4. My mom always forgets to…..do someone’s scrapbook for their wedding
5. What I really like about my mom is….that she goes on errands with Abby while I’m at school.
6. My favorite thing to do with my mom is …..go to McDonald’s.
7. I love it when my mom…..picks me up and we are just by ourselves.
8. My mother’s hair is…..kind of black
9. She is as tall as a …..hippo
10. She weighs about…..30 pounds
11. My mom’s eyes are…..black
12. My mom looks best when she wears….one of her dresses (**and see the drawing below, he drew me some cute earrings too!)
I think so many of these are hilarious! Spoken like a true child – HONEST!
No. 7 is my fave – melt me. We don't spend a lot of one-on-one time together anymore, but when we do, it looks like he treasures it as much as I do.
No. 3 makes me laugh but also makes me kind of sad! No one speaks the truth like a child!
And oh… No. 9….this one makes me laugh! I’m so glad he compared my height to a hippo instead of my weight, ha!
I truly do have the best kids in the world, and am the
luckiest mommy around!!! And just for the record, I had to DIG to come up with a few pictures of me with both kids. There are a whopping total of 9 that exist. So I am putting a few on here so that my kids can remember what I looked like. (And so the record shows that my hair is not "kind of black" like Nate said!) :)
(Oh and I must not forget my hubbie....who is a pretty great partner as well.....he got up at the butt crack of dawn to be the first in line at Panera for fresh bagels. To add to that, he and the kids made me breakfast in bed....a made-to-order omelet, strawberries, and a mimosa! He knows that I prefer food over jewelry, so I'm getting another gourmet meal for dinner as well. Thank you, honey!!)

Happy Mother's Day sweet friend!
ReplyDeleteAnd Im sorry but #3 is my favorite! I DIED LAUGHING because thats my favorite thing to do too and its funny that he realizes that!
They were all sweet and cute though!