Thursday, May 24, 2012

Pool Time!

We had our first pool outing of the season yesterday afternoon! After naps, I took the kids to the Rec Center pool to meet some friends and have a little fun in the sun. The kids were E.X.C.I.T.E.D to go, can you tell!?

The Rec Center pool is amazing.....has a ton of seating everywhere, and a really big "baby pool" as well. We started out in the baby pool, playing with buckets, watering cans, dive rings, etc.


Then Nate was ready to move onto the "big pool." I was a little nervous about this, since I'd be clinging to two toddlers at one time. But, these little things here are lifesavers (literally)! Not sure why I've never heard of them until now. They're called "puddlejumpers" and the kids loved them. They came on & off easily with a buckle, and the kids were able to float/swim around in the big pool, no problem.

(Now, there is a lazy river that goes around the outer edge of the big pool, and it has a pretty strong current, so a few times they'd start floating away from me and just laugh!)

We brought a few of the lazy river tubes back with us to the baby pool, and finished out our afternoon there. Nate had to get out and take a break - somehow he was cold though it was 90 degrees, but Abby never stopped playing for a second. She is definitely going to be the fish of the family!

We had a great time with our friends, Sadie & Xavier, and I see MANY more lazy afternoons at the pool in our near future. Hooray for summer!

1 comment:

  1. first, i just stalked you! i saw you were online, and thought hmmm maybe she's blogging. and then you were offline and i came and checked. yes, bored at work today :).

    second, i saw those puddlejumpers online and considered them for addison, but i think maybe next summer? i got the more baby thing where you just float around with your legs in a tube thing (good description, eh?). anyway, hopefully that's appropriate for a baby-sized 18 month old :).

    ReplyDelete