...to be busy!!!
Saturday,
-we went to Nate's basketball game (which is still a work in progress :)
-we went to a cookie decorating party for the neighborhood (didn't get to take any pictures there.....with 13 kids in attendance, icing & sprinkles were flying everywhere!)
-we attended a friend's birthday party
Sunday,
-we went to a "birthday party for Jesus" after mass. Look at this cute craft the kids made!
-thankfully, Nate's basketball practice was cancelled, so we got to take a breather for a bit
-and then it was time for the Neighborhood Christmas Party!!
This is something we look forward to every year. Everyone brings a drink/appetizer/dessert and we gather in the cul-de-sac for food, fun, and horse-drawn carriage rides around the neighborhood! This of course is the kids favorite part. And mine too b/c we get to check out all the luminaries everyone has lit. (Which brings me back to my Clemmons West days - I always loved the luminaries we put out in the neighborhood I grew up in!)
It was COLD last night, so everyone bundled up. The kids even had tights & pj pants under their pants. Ha!
We were second in line to get on the carriage. Score! And please don't mind my cone-shaped hat. Like I said, it was cold.....so I was going for warmth over style. Ha!
| Our next door neighbors. Love them! |
| Abby & Loa Harper playing "Ring Around the Rosie" :) |
| Blonde cuties |
After lots of snacks, hot chocolate, sitting by the fire pits, playing tag, throwing the football, and eating too many sweets, we took a 2nd carriage ride and added this guy:
| Nate's BFF, Jack! |
The kids loved seeing our house, all lit up:
![]() |
| You can see our house, way in the distance :) |
Love this neighborhood and all the families and the traditions it has! I think someone said this party has been going on for 50+ years. In fact, the people whose carport we use for all the food/drinks were told when they bought the house a few years ago that they were required to host the Christmas Party. Ha! This neighborhood is serious about their parties & that horse-drawn carriage :)

Hoe pretty! And I think ur hat looked cute!
ReplyDeletewhat fun! it looks super festive! i hope you guys have a great Christmas!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun neighborhood! I love the family sleigh picture!
ReplyDeleteI liked your hat too and the sleigh picture. All you needed was some snow to make it more perfect!
ReplyDelete