Sunday, December 8, 2013

First Basketball Game

 Nate had his first game as a "Tiny Titan" yesterday!!! The whole family came to cheer him on so he was super excited! (And I was a wreck!)
 The games are divided into four 8 minute quarters, and they rotate every other quarter. His team had 10 players there, and 5 play at a time. So, Nate played the first & third quarters.
Getting last minute tips from Coach Turner before the tip-off


My boy, #34
 Nate wasn't getting much action during the game (read: he does not have an aggressive bone in his body and therefore hardly touched the ball). So, Coach decided to let him bring the ball down the court a few times after the other team scored. He loved this! Click here to view a video of him dribbling down the court. Such a cute little hunchback! :)


I finally got him some appropriate-length shorts for basketball. No more shorty shorts! Oh how I love those chicken legs :)


Taking a breather
Good sportsmanship
 I was proud of Nate for playing in his first ever basketball game!!! Some of the opposing players were a bit intimidating (this league includes a mix of Kindergarten & 1st Graders). He seemed confused for most of the game and asked me at halftime why that "one guy kept blowing his whistle so much!" Ha, he meant the referee!! And it was a good thing they didn't keep score, because I did....and it was a blow-out. Not in our favor.

We have a lot to work on, but luckily he seems to be having fun & has the most patient coach on the planet :)

3 comments:

  1. Way to go NATE!!!!!!! Gosh he looks so big to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anderson just watched the video with me and was yelling "GO NATE, GO NATE"!!! Nate looks so big and cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He looks so skinny and cute in those shorts!

    ReplyDelete