Last Wednesday, the Givens family invaded T-Town!! Mum Mum & Granddaddy picked up Aunt Gena at the airport and arrived after naptime. Abby immediately latched onto Aunt Gena and never looked back! (I think she has a thing for blondes; click here to see my previous post about being BFF with my (blonde) sister Aunt Lora!)
| Only Abby could convince Aunt Gena to wear a tiara! LOL |
Wednesday night, I cooked a Mexican fiesta for dinner and somehow persuaded Greg to build our first fire in our new house (yes, we've lived here a year)! I was super excited about this and so were the kids. And luckily, he didn't burn the house down :)
| Abby got a little nervous she'd get burned, ha! |
Thursday, the kids were excited to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade, and I was happy to snuggle with them. Then, I made the mistake of saying "yes" when they asked to play on Aunt Gena's phone. This is the look I got from Abby once I told her to wait her turn:
After naptime, Abby woke up and declared she needed to wear her Easter dress! (Yes, for our Thanksgiving meal.) I decided not to fight it. And she was oh-so-happy to twirl for everyone.
| Our Thanksgiving chefs! |
![]() |
| SO SAD Uncle Kevin couldn't come at the last minute :( |
| Turkey Coma |
Friday morning was a bit rough b/c Nate had been up a few hours the previous night throwing up :( Not sure what happened but I was up with him from 12-3 am. Poor little guy. He woke up that morning feeling better though, so Greg & Granddaddy took the kids to a park Friday morning.
Friday afternoon, Greg & Aunt Gena attempted to take the kids to go see "Frozen," but it was sold out. Redbox to the rescue! Daddy got treats and rented "Planes" and all was well. Not to mention lots of games, crafts, legos, puzzles, dress-up parties, math activities, and dolls with Aunt Gena. Thank goodness for Aunt Gena!!
Saturday, it was time for Aunt Gena to fly home to CT :( After Mum Mum & Granddaddy dropped her off at the airport, we all met at iJump in B'ham for some fun!! (I will do a separate post about that; too many pics!)
We wore the kids out, ate lunch at Edgar's, and then hurried home for the AL vs. Auburn game. No comment on that :)
Sunday, we went to mass, cut down a Christmas tree (post to follow), went to Nate's basketball practice, and then out to dinner. A busy day!
Overall....we had a wonderful Thanksgiving and were so appreciative that the Givens traveled near & far to be with our little family. We have so much to be thankful for, and our family and friends are a big part of that!

So glad you all had a wonderful time .
ReplyDeleteWe love you.
I bought pillows for my new couch, and one of them is the same one on your green couch! The zig zag striped one.
ReplyDeleteI love "the look" from Abby!
ReplyDeleteAnd we are just pretending football season is over. :(