Tuesday, October 22, 2013

On Their Own

My parents kindly (& bravely!) offered to watch the kids while we went to a wedding last week in Charleston (more on that later)!!

Greg & I flew out Wednesday morning and I left Nanny & Poppy with 3 pages of directions. Yes, they know what they are doing, but carpool lines & gymnastics & soccer & homework & packing lunches has gotten a little more complicated these days :)

Wednesday was a bit of a slow day for N&P, seeing as how both kids were in school from 8-3 pm. But they got to see Abby in action that afternoon in gymnastics.

Thursday, Abby got some alone time with N&P while Nate was in school. It was rainy & cold, so off to CHOM they went (The Children's Hands On Museum). We have not been there in ages, so I know Abby was in heaven. And because she was an only child :)


 Thursday night, Nate had a soccer game, and I was impressed that N&P even remembered to bring the "eye black" to put on all the kids! Way to go, N&P! Nate's team won, and he even scored the first goal!!! I hate that I missed it, but he was happy that N&P were there to see it.

Miss Priss looking "fierce"
 Friday,  both kids were off to school again, but N&P got to have lunch with Nate at school. It was "Daddy's Lunch," and so they were the fill-ins for Greg. Nate was excited to have TWO people there to eat with him!

Not happy about this, Nanny!
 Saturday was another rainy & cold morning, so they headed off to McDonald's for breakfast; what a treat! I don't think my kids have ever eaten there for breakfast. Nate scarfed a stack of pancakes from what I hear. And then it was off to the movies for "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2."
 Greg & I got home Saturday afternoon (it was a Friday wedding), just in time to take N&P out to dinner to thank them for all their help (and watch the Alabama v. Arkansas football game)! We went to Steamer's for some yummy seafood, and these two decided to jump on stage during commercials & ham it up. We basically had the restaurant to ourselves, which was nice.

 Sunday, the sun finally decided to come back out. So after a big breakfast (complete with Krispy Kreme!), we headed to our favorite park up the road.
 Greg suggested that he & Nate actually RIDE their bikes to the park & meet us there. I was a little nervous, b/c this was the first time that Nate was riding on "real" streets and not just in our neighborhood. He.had.a.ball though and I was super proud of him for arriving safely! :)

Show-off


 



N&P headed out Monday morning, and I cannot say how grateful I am to know that the kids were in good hands when we were gone! I didn't have to worry about them for one second (though I did miss them)! Poppy is getting pretty handy with his iPhone - yes, my parents have iPhones and I don't - and I greatly appreciated all the picture updates. We love you, N&P!

3 comments: