When the kids were younger, I used to do a weekly post called "Friday Funnies." I mainly did it when they both started getting really verbal, and it was hilarious to hear what their little brains were thinking. Well, the last time I posted was May 2012. Click here. The kids looks like babies!!
So, I overheard this conversation in the backseat of the van this week, and thought it was too funny not to share. Happy Friday!
N: Abby, what do you want to be when you grow up?
A: (Without hesitation) A princess!
N: You know princesses aren’t real.
A: Oh. Well…..a fireman!
N: I’m going to be a builder. I’m gonna build power lines, and
houses, and roads and important stuff.
A: Ok.
N: Don’t you want to be a volcano expert?? (Doesn’t wait for
her answer; just launches into a 5 minute lesson on volcanos, thanks to his
new/weekly library book!)
A: I don’t want to do that. I will be a builder like you. I
want to build power lines.
N: What about an astersnot???? (I kid you not; that is exactly what he
said. I was dying laughing in the front seat! Translation: Astronaut)
A: No, that is dangerous.
N: Yeah it is. If your tube gets cut off, you could float
away into infinity. Maybe you could be a scuba diver and find sharks!
A: No. I will be a princess!

I have read this twice now and I am still laughing. I love how Nate explains and Abby is steadfast in her princess conviction. No idea on the fireman part though :) Awesome Friday Funny!
ReplyDeleteThe pictures you chose certainly enhance their personalities as shone here. This is not exactly Abby's princess pose but it sure shows her determination and Nate's need to do something powerful like building comes through in his power stance! These two couldn't be any more different! Love them to pieces!
ReplyDelete