Greg is a man of many talents. But one you may not be aware of....he is a master pumpkin carver!!
Every year, the kids (and I) anticipate what he will carve. He does it all free-hand and works for hours on it, meticulously carving out very intricate designs.
When we got married in 2004, we started the tradition of carving pumpkins together. He always enjoyed it more than I did (probably b/c he was really good at it and I was NOT!) Well, when the kids came along, I decided I need to "help" the kids decorate their pumpkins, so Greg became the sole carver in our family. Let's take a look back at his previous designs:
 |
| 2007 |
 |
| 2008 |
 |
| 2009 |
 |
| 2010 (This was more impressive in person. It was Woody from "Toy Story" before it rotted a little) |
 |
| 2011 (Sponge Bob) |
 |
2012
And now for the big reveal!!! This year's pumpkin is a .........
keep scrolling down...... :)
A Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle!!!!
Told you he was uber talented!!
He & Abby carved it last night (Nate was at youth group with our neighbors). Don't mind Miss Priss in her undies....she was "hot" and I didn't feel like arguing. She helped Daddy scoop the guts. (And by help I mean she spooned out about 5 seeds total.)
Poor Greg didn't finish till about 11 pm. But like I said, he love love loves to carve pumpkins and it shows! :)
And this was the first year I tried something new with the kids too. Usually, we just stick halloween-themed potato head pieces into the pumpkins (think: witch & pirate). But I got some stencils this year instead, and they were a big hit!! The kids liked having control over what colors & design they did.
Love his face here! Such concentration!
Clearly, they decided to go above & beyond just a stenciled face. According to Abby, hers is a clown. Regardless, they are pretty proud of their final products :)
Two parties & a rainy night of trick-or-treating today.....I am exhausted. But check back here the next few days b/c I have many, more Halloween posts to do! |
Yaaaaay! I look fwd to this every year too! HATE that I missed it and the dang nuts n blotz! He did an AWESOME job! Love the kiddos pumpkins too! :)
ReplyDeleteso so impressive!!!!!
ReplyDeleteLove everyone's pumpkins!
ReplyDelete