Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Road Trip

We traveled to Memphis this past weekend to see some of Greg's family and celebrate twofold.....his Aunt Molly was having a retirement party, and his Grandma was turning 91 years old (yes, you read that right)!!

We got to Aunt Molly's after lunch on Saturday, and surprisingly the kids wanted to take naps. They got to share a "big bed" upstairs, and after 30 minutes of watching Abby hit/kick/lay on top of Nate, I went upstairs to set her straight. Thank goodness for video monitors! It sure was entertaining watching her do gymnastics on Nate's face (though he didn't appreciate it).

We all got pretty and headed to dinner, to our private room! Yes, Molly's husband Shan and Grandma Givens went all out for this party. There was a set menu and open bar. The party was great and the kids behaved themselves all 3 hrs. I think the chocolate cake at the end made it worth it. We passed the time by drawing pictures; here's Abby holding one for Grandma.
Aunt Molly with her "Retired" sash, and a famiy friend from TX, George.
Uncle Shan holding his beautiful grandson, Cameron! I wish I had gotten a better picture of this baby's curls....they are to die for!
As soon as I popped these little guys out of my purse, Nate was in heaven. I literally don't think he let go of them all weekend. (Thank you, Dollar Tree!)
The kiddos were great with Grandma, but this is the best picture I could get of all 3 of them!
After dinner, we headed back to Molly & Shan's house for the after-party! Abby had a ball chasing Moses (the dog) around and jumping on the stone circle path outside. Nate spent his time avoiding the dog, and running around with Abby.


Our little peanut-thief
After a laid-back Sunday morning brunch at Molly's, we headed to see Grandma at her assisted living place on our way out. The kids were completely in awe of Grandma's two cool "chairs" and spent our whole time playing in them.

We had a great visit and only wished we could have stayed longer. Thank you Molly & Shan for the hospitality, and for a great party!!

1 comment:

  1. 1. Could Abby's dress BE any cuter?
    2. LOVE the picture of you and Nate, beautiful
    3. Don't be holding out on me on those mega Dollar Tree scores! G would go nuts over those!

    MISS YOU

    ReplyDelete