Eight years ago today, I married my best friend. We've been together for almost 13 years, and I can say there's never been a dull moment with him.
Greg, you've been the perfect fit with my crazy family, and the best partner/husband/father I could ask for. I am so grateful that you're mine! :)
Those who know us well know that we don't "do" presents. Well, except at Christmas. It's just kind of an unspoken rule between us....we'd rather go out and have an experience together (usually a fancy meal with a delicious bottle of overpriced wine). It's been this way for, well....8 years.
Until today. I woke up this morning - exhausted from working at Vacation Bible School yesterday, and kind of dreading being on feet all day again today - and what did I find!?
My man bought me a present and some flowers! Now, he's always been good at writing "mushy" cards....I've trained him well in that regard.
Not only was it a surprise, but it was a KINDLE FIRE!!! We are way behind the times with all-things-technology, but this is something I have only recently decided I wanted since I read so many books and we're running out of shelf space.
Greg, you're the best; thank you for my thoughtful surprise! I can't wait for our date night tonight, where we get to be "Em & Greg" instead of "Mommy & Daddy" for a few hours.
Love you!

6.5.4...love that date! I cannot believe he surprised you with the kindle fire!!!! Best husband award. Now you don't have to wait until November. Guess he didn't use our prime account :)
ReplyDeleteLOVE the first picture! Absolutely beautiful!
ReplyDeleteAnd I really could see Nate in Greg in that pic too.:)
Happy 8 years!
nice! happy 8 years!!!! love that we all have clemmons united methodist in our pics ;-)
ReplyDeleteWOOT WOOT! Happy 8th Year of Marriage! Kudos to Greg for that Kindle! Hope you had a great date night :)
ReplyDelete