Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Weekend: Rewind

We had such a PACKED weekend, I'm just getting around to blogging about all of it....

First up was an egg hunt at CHOM (our Children's Museum in town) on Friday evening. I had high hopes for it and told Greg to meet us there after work. Let me just say, it was the lamest egg hunt I've ever seen! It was over in less than 3 minutes. And both kids only got 5 or 6 eggs. And....they were empty! You had to take them upstairs to "cash" them in and drop your hand in the grab bag, according to the # of eggs you got. So each kid got spider rings, army men, erasers....lots of junky stuff. At least I thought it was junk, they seemed to like it.


My other complaint was the lack of staff members there to run everything. It was soooo disorganized. And just FYI - 3 employees are NOT enough to handle 100+ people! Nate had his heart set on getting his face painted, so we waited f.o.r.e.v.e.r for that. But luckily, both kids were happy with their results - a shark and a bumblebee.


We kept being told there were going to be "Easter activities," like balloon games and spoon races, etc. Greg left to go home & have dinner, but we stayed and waited. And waited. And waited. Finally at 7:30 pm we came home. No games! Big disappointment. Here Abby is, striking a pose in the "cave" at CHOM while we waited for the games to begin.

Saturday morning, Nate and I headed off to the first of two birthday parties of the day. Yes, my little man is one popular guy!

The first party was for a classmate, Chase. He turned 5, and the party was held at an inflatable place called the Fun Factory. There were lots of arcade games to play as well so Nate had a good time with his school buddies.




After jumping/sliding/playing for an hour, the party moved into the "disco room"...I have never seen so many strobe lights or a bigger disco ball. Nate was in awe (and I was in headache hell)! He had cake & ice cream with his BFF Noah..

...and then watched Chase open presents. I think Nate wanted to take this one home with him!

Then, Saturday afternoon, I took both kids to a good friends' house for her son, Anthony's 4th birthday. It was a Spiderman-themed party and Alba went all out with decorations and food! And the bouncy house in the backyard was one of the biggest I'd ever seen. I was afraid Abby would get lost in the side/back parts of it, where it was more of an obstacle course. But, she managed just fine and had a ball!

Besides bouncing, there was lots to do....eat popsicles, play in the treehouse, ride horseys, go down slides, play with toys inside, get your face painted, you name it!





Abby even managed to plant a quick hug on Anthony's younger bro, David. Ahhh, young love!

Anthony & Nate's "scary tiger faces!" :)

Everyone chowed down on Anthony's Spiderman cake & cupcakes,

and then Nate watched in amazement as Anthony opened toy after toy after toy. He kept whispering to me "Mommy, when can we play with these toys?" I told him we'd have a playdate over there soon and he said "What about tomorrow??" Sorry, buddy....that was Easter.

We are grateful for the new friends we've made, and enjoyed having a fun (but full) Saturday!!

2 comments:

  1. That spiderman jump house and cake looks awesome! I bet Nate had a blast!
    Of course AR looked SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nate is looking crazy old!!! And we went to a rock hunt last year that was major lame!!! Love your kids!!!

    ReplyDelete