On Thursday, Nate officially became a fish! He had his last swimming lesson (and was pretty sad about it actually). I promised him we could go early and "play on the ramp," and he proceeded to dunk himselves many times and came up laughing each time. He is not afraid at all to have the water come up to his chin, and it's nice to know he feels safe & knows how to be safe.
Since he uses a kickboard a lot in class, I bought him his own ....and of course, got a Spiderman one. He brought it to class on Thursday and could not wait to show his teachers and 2 friends. You would have thought this thing was made of gold! (Or candy!)
Yes, my son is the only one that comes to swim class with his own equipment! (NERD ALERT) He loves his goggles though and they really help him to put his head under, etc. And I was surprised, but he shared his Spiderman kickboard with the two girls. They were thrilled!!
| Action shot! |
After class, they all got a final report card (he passed in ALL areas and can now advance onto Level 2 next spring), a Bama Swim School bag, and some candy. We will miss his teacher, Kayla, and his two buddies Nor & Emma Grace.
I am very proud of our little fish and all he accomplished during these 8 lessons. In his own words "I can swim by myself now!" Though I beg to differ....he did learn a lot, but not enough for me to actually say he can swim alone now. In fact, we are FAR from that! I think the biggest thing he learned though was how to have fun and to be safe in the water. Which will come in handy this summer when we're at the Rec Center pool and I'm trying to keep my eye/hands on both he & Abby! He is excited for the summer to come, and wants to play at the pool with his friends, and go to the BEACH with my family. (I'm ready for that too actually!)
No comments:
Post a Comment