Thursday, April 26, 2012

Soccer Stud

Nate's first soccer season came to close last night. He had such a great time and I'm so grateful for all that he learned, and his very patient coaches! Usually, at his "games," they just do drills and games and then shoot on the big goal at the end. Well, yesterday, they decided to set up mini-goals and play a real game. A few kids didn't show up, so it was just 3 on 3. Nate volunteered to be goalie first. However, the coaches didn't really want any of the kids playing goalie; just wanted them to concentrate on passing & scoring. Nate didn't quite get the memo b/c he kept staying back at the goal.
Both kids were THRILLED when Daddy said he'd leave work early to come to the game. Nate was so proud to show off his "skills," and Abby had fun on the sidelines.
Once Nate was finally coaxed into "playing" the game, I started to take a few videos. This is the best one I could get, and let me just say, it's HILARIOUS! I think Nate falls/does a break-dance move at least 3 times!? Clearly he's still not sure of the point of the game here. Click here to watch the video. Of course, after I stopped recording, Nate scored a goal! (We didn't tell him it was in the wrong goal though!) And he they are, getting a little pep talk from the assistant coach before starting up again....
After it was over, the coaches surprised us all and gave medals & certificates to the kids. (And of course, candy!) Here is some of the team with Asst Coach McKenna & Coach KK.
Can you tell he's proud of his medal??? He told me, "Mom it's HEAVY! Like a REAL medal!" :) (Sidenote: He slept with it on his nightstand last night, put it around his neck as soon as he woke up this AM, and took it to school to show Miss Thompson & his friends!)
We went with 2 other families to have pizza after practice....could these 3 be any cuter? Wearing their medals of course.
Then, as an extra special treat, we tried out a sno-cone place in town that I keep hearing about. It's a little blue hut called "Summer Snow" and MAN was it good!! Literally the smoothest and yummiest sno-cone I've ever had. Can't beat the $2 pricetag either. Neither kid wanted to smile/stop eating for a picture, so clearly they enjoyed it as well. I foresee many trips there this summer!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome job Nate! I love his concentration face in the video! And Um you better take me for a snow cone when I come in town! Those look delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha....I love his extra little roll in the grass in front of the goal! That is awesome. Your giggle in the video made me laugh too. Miss ya'll! Drew can't wait to meet A&N this summer!!!

    ReplyDelete