They arrived Sunday after nap and we promptly went in the backyard to play. Abby wasn't too keen on getting stuck...
....but Nate enjoyed introducing Poppy to the "cone game" and practicing soccer with him as well.
As I mentioned in my previous post, my mom had a big birthday on the 1st, so we celebrated her birthday (a day early) that night. Greg grilled out some delicious salmon, but Nate's favorite part was the blowers!
Monday, as a birthday present to Nanny, we kept Nate out of school! :) I had an early morning ENT appointment, and when I returned we headed off to the park to play & have a Wendy's picnic. Nanny surprised me and gave Abby a new 'do while I was at the doctor. When I came home, I found this...a 5 year old with a ponytail. (Not to mention the cutest shoes ever. Thanks Nanny!)
We played hard at the park, and were lucky enough to basically have it to ourselves. I think this one here liked playing hooky from school :) (And he was especially fond of the cheeseburger he had for lunch too....I think he ate it in under 30 seconds. No joke.)
While this one here laughed at every word out of Poppy's mouth! She is a Poppy's girl for sure!!
After naps, N&P took the kids on a *very sunny* walk.
We capped Nanny's (real) birthday off with a "breakfast dinner" since Nanny loooooves to go out to breakfast (and we hardly ever do). Thanks to Pinterest we had a yummy meal!
Tuesday, we sent Nate back to school and strolled around historic Northport in the morning. We mostly bought stuff for my soon-to-be nephew Anderson, but of course Abby talked Nanny into one small purchase - some new braclets. Apparently, new braclets + new espadrilles = karate chop!!
This picture describes my girl perfectly.....a Hulk tattoo and some sparkly pink braclets. She truly is the perfect balance & the best of both worlds! :)
Oh could my girl get any more beautiful (& grown-up looking)!?
I was gone during naptime again, and Nanny informed me when I got home that Miss Priss was on.the.move. As in, she has finally begun to try & climb out of her crib! Knew this would happen soon; surprised it hadn't yet. (So, operation "big-girl bed" is going to begin this weekend. More on that later...I'm sure it's going to be a disaster!)
Nate had a swim lesson that afternoon, and N&P enjoyed watching him have fun in the water, work on his floating & backstroke skills, and jumping in the water. He's still a little hesitant in putting his face in, so I think we are going to try goggles at the next lesson.
We met Greg at our new fave Mexican place for dinner, where the kids (as usual) ate their weight in chips & salsa. I had a new dish...fish tacos. Yum!!
Wednesday, Abby & I took N&P to the Library for storytime, bubbles, and we checked out a few books as well. Here she is, reading a few new ones to Poppy. I love this picture! :)
Then, we headed to the Riverwalk across the street for a stroll. Abby had fun exploring and of course banging sticks on the benches. She was jamming!!
Finally, a picture of me to prove I exist! :) And please notice - I got my hair chopped off. I got about 4-5 inches off and I love it. Might even go shorter as it gets closer to summer.
After naptime was soccer!!! Nate had been VERY excited to show off his skills. Though he was NOT thrilled at all to be woken up from a nap, and as a result, was a big sluggish at soccer. He still had fun, but I could tell he was dragging a little bit. Abby tried to make him feel better with a kiss during a waterbreak :)
Poppy kept Abby busy on the sidelines, and I must say, she's got quite good form!
Nate perked up a bit towards the end of practice...
....and we even convinced him to take a picture with "Coach Poppy!"
After soccer/before dinner, Nanny & I set up a quick egg hunt outside for the kids. They had a ball finding both "treats" in gift bags (thanks to Poppy's collection of kids' toys from Wendy's) and eggs filled with smarties and jelly beans, some of our faves.
Greg and I had a rare date night that night....and I got to try Thai food for the first time. It was delish! We met a couple that Greg works with, and Greg tried hard to steer the conversation away from econ. Thanks, honey! :)
Thursday morning, before sending N&P off to Knoxville to see Becky's new house, we went out to breakfast at one of my favorite spots in town, Rama Jama's. Nanny & I had the BEST omelets ever, and Poppy was excited b/c there was no wait/line :) Abby scarfed down her (my) grits, and at one point was even doublefisting her utensils....a fork for her eggs and a spoon for her grits. Oh, how I love that my girl is an eater! (She gets it from her Momma....)
All in all, we had a WONDERFUL visit with N&P and were grateful for all the help. (And all the work on the cars, Poppy!) We are already counting down the days till the BEACH!!!
Wow! Abby looks like she is 2 years older since just the last post. Love her pony tail!
ReplyDeleteSeriously I can't take the ponytail! I love it but break my heart!!! She's such a beauty! So glad u had a good visit with ur parents!
ReplyDeleteLOVE the ponytail! So stinkin' cute!
ReplyDelete