Sunday, February 21, 2016

Nate's half birthday!

It's hard to believe that this little drooly, handsome, baby boy was only 1/2 year old here:
 
And yesterday he officially became 8 1/2!!! :(
 Where does the time go!?

I feel so lucky to have Nate as my son! He's the most tender-hearted, sweet, intelligent, sensitive, and caring boy you will ever meet.
 
These days.....
-His favorite shows are "Lab Rats" and "Love It or List It" (yes, that's a real estate/flipping-type show that I watch, and the kids have fallen in love with it. Ha!)
-He is on his way to becoming the next Harry Houdini. He got a magic set for Christmas, and then bought a second set with his own money.
-He still loves to read, but has not have the same zest for reading since he finished the Harry Potter series last summer. I got him a pre-teen Adventure Bible for Christmas though, and most nights, he is in his room reading it before bed. He already knows more about the bible than I do. #awesome
-He is REALLY into gadgets & technology!! Greg recently got a Surface Pro (a type of tablet) through work, so we decided to keep that at home and hand down our old laptop to Nate. He wants to get a typing tutor type program, and loves playing Minecraft on the laptop. Or messing around on the Surface Pro or his kindle. I swear he would do this all day long if we let him! We also got him an email address and he's allowed to email family members. He thinks he's such a big shot :)
-If it's nice weather, he's outside jumping on the trampoline or shooting hoops at one of the neighbor's houses.
-He just became a brown belt, level 2 in taekwondo! He really struggled this last cycle and was sure he was not going to pass his belt test. But, he did!
 
We celebrated Nate last night with a mini (half) cupcake, a half party hat, and half of the "Happy Birthday" song. Yes, we are dorks! :)
 
 Happy half birthday to my favorite boy in the world!!

1 comment:

  1. I was just thinking about how I used to call him my little papoose and massage him after his baths. it doesn't seem that long ago. Boy, blink my eyes and he"ll be graduating. He is the Best! Love him so much!!!!

    ReplyDelete