Our first egg hunt of the season was on Saturday, the annual TuscMoms egg hunt. (This is a great group of women that I met when I first moved here. Of course, the group has grown exponentially in the past 2 years, but my core group of friends is from this circle. So blessed to have found them!)
| Abby and her BFF, Mia |
| And, they're off!! |
Click here to watch a short clip of Abby hunting. She is taking her time, as usual.
Click here to see Nate dash off in search of the "golden egg." That was all he cared about finding! Sadly, he didn't find it, but I think the 2 pounds of candy we lugged home helped ease the pain :)
After the hunt, the kids munched on snacks had fun looking at all of their candy!!
| Nate & Chandler racked up! |
Then, out of nowhere, the Easter Bunny appeared!!!! (One of the moms convinced her hubby to dress up. Hilarious.) Abby was very excited to see him but a little cautious at first. So I gave the Easter Bunny a "high five" and that was all Abby needed to see.
After seeing him up close, she whispered to me "Mommy, I know that's just a man dressed up. The real Easter Bunny is too busy to be here. Don't worry, I won't tell the little kids!" :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Then, on Sunday, our church had their annual Pancake Breakfast & Egg Hunt after mass. It was another gorgeous day and the kids had fun with their friends at the hunt.
| "Look at the silly face on this egg!" |
| Our buddies, David & Anthony |
Then I forced some family photos on everyone and no one was too pleased. The sun was in our eyes, the wind was blowing too hard....oh well, I tried. Here are the best ones we could manage:
| Pardon my daughter's (almost) indecent pose! |
Abby has one more egg hunt scheduled this week, on Thursday at school. And then the big one - with over 24,000 eggs - is on Saturday!!! Thankfully, my parents will be in town to lend a few extra helping hands.
Abby is just too smart to figure out the Easter bunny is too busy
ReplyDeletebut so sweet that she won't ruin it for the other kids that haven't figured it out.