My mom is usually here visiting for her birthday. But this year, she decided to take the trip of a lifetime and head to Dominican Republic for a few days with one of her best friends!!! She definitely has the "travel bug" now that she's retired, so I'm happy she got to fulfill that on her special day! (And I just imagine her right now, on the beach, with a wineglass in hand. Perfect birthday I'm sure!!)
I love using my mom's birthday as an opportunity to stroll down memory lane.....(aka Bad Hairstyles 'R Us :)
I had a really hard time finding a recent picture of just me & mom. That's because she's always playing with or holding one of the grandkids these days! :) She is the epitome of what a great grandmother - and mother - should be.
Mom, I hope you know how much I love you and admire you. I could have never asked for a better role model, and I feel so blessed to have you in my life. I hope you have a wonderful birthday because you deserve it! And the kids and I can't wait to spoil you when you come visit in a few weeks! :)






Happy Birthday Mom! Em - I am going hide the old family photos from you :)
ReplyDeleteGosh Em I am so sorry that I didn't read this sooner. I simply forgot about my birthday in the excitement of my trip. I am reading it now on Mother"s Day and it makes me cry at what a gift it is. I told someone the other day that I don't need Mother's Day to feel loved,appreciated and blessed, because my family makes me feel that way everyday. I love you!
ReplyDelete