I am SO proud of Nate!!
He volunteered to be a reader in church on Thursday. (Which was quite shocking to me actually. Not because I don't think he's a good reader - b/c he is awesome; reading some 2nd grade level books now. But just the simple fact that he volunteered to read in front of the whole church at Campus Mass was astonishing to me! What happened to my little shy guy!?)
We had about a month to practice, so practice we did! He had about 9 lines and some of them were super hard. I know he got picked to do the part he did b/c he's such an awesome reader. But seriously....what kindergartener knows the word "progeny!?"
I asked Nate to practice once a day, and he happily complied. I just wanted him to be familiar with it, not memorize it, and to be confident in what he was saying.
Well, Greg was another story. Every night, he drilled Nate. "Speak Louder! More Clearly! Enunciate!!!" Poor Nate....but that's what happens when your father was an oratorical champ in 7th grade! (Yes, it is one of Greg's crowning achievements, that he still talks about :)
~~~~~~~~~~
So here we are, yesterday, and I was a nervous wreck. I just didn't want him to lose his place in the reading and then get flustered and upset. He didn't seem nervous that morning when I dropped him off, so that was good. And when he got up there, he literally grabbed the mic, took control and belted it out flawlessly. I was super proud.
Click here to hear Nate doing the reading.
A few other kindergarteners had volunteered as well, to read the petitions, lead the prayers, etc. Here are two of his buddies. So stinkin' cute!!
As a bonus, both kindergarten classes sang a song. I think it was called "P is for Promise!?" I love the little sly grin Nate gets sometimes and how he practically laughed out loud when they all messed up a little bit! Click here to listen to both kindergarten classes singing.
All in all, every kid that volunteered (I think there were 8-9 total) did a great job! Hard to believe this bunch will be 1st graders before we know it!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(And if you think I was kidding about Greg winning an oratorical contest in 7th grade, check this baby out!!)
| Yes, he still has the trophy. Ha! |

.jpg)
I was there when Greg won, he was so stinking cute and very poised. His father was literally "over the moon!"
ReplyDelete