Thursday, April 24, 2014

Easter 2014

Saturday afternoon, Nate was running a fever of 102 degrees and was still hardly eating :( So I wasn't sure what to expect on Easter Sunday.
 
Lo & behold, he woke up happy (& hungry!) on Sunday so I was super happy!! My boy was excited to hunt for his Easter basket and so was his little sis.

 The Easter Bunny hid their baskets in extra hard places this year ;) and kids loved the "hunt." (I loved this tradition too, as a kid, and am happy to do it for my own kiddos.) We had a massive brunch, and then it was time for church. And even though Nate was on the mend, I had him stay home from church with Poppy just to rest and get some energy back. But of course I made him put on his Easter outfit for 5 minutes of pictures, ha!


Oh, dear. Melt me :)






Watching her shadow twirl :)
 We got to church a few minutes early, so Abby wanted to do a photoshoot with her new sunglasses and "purse" (aka sunglasses case).
My little Priss Pot
 That afternoon, I set up an egg hunt in our front yard for the kids. Nate was pretty disappointed he didn't find the "golden egg" at any of the previous hunts, so I made sure he did this time :) (And Abby got to find a "pink golden egg." Gotta be fair, ha!
Goofballs, ready to hunt





The golden egg!!!

And the pink golden egg!!
 Greg cooked a delicious ham dinner for us, but not before a little drama. He went on a bike ride - a new route - and not only got lost in the woods with his friend, but also crashed/fell over the handlebars. So....he was late getting back to cook, and a little shaken as well. Glad he was okay, and was able to come home to cook, ha! :)
The kids' egg placecards turned out pretty good!

2 comments:

  1. Could Abby be any more of a girlie girl??? OH I LOVE IT! So proud of that pink froo froo dress too!
    I Hate Nate was sick (but love that you made him dress for the photo!) but glad he's better! Your Easter Bunny put ours to shame! LOL THREE DS GAMES? Dang sista!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful family! We really lucked out on such a pretty day. I love it when Easter is later and everything is blooming.

    ReplyDelete