We held Nate's birthday party at the Playhouse on Saturday, and it was our first time there. (Think: a McDonald's playground on steroids!) There was also a ball pit, bouncy house, and small playhouse for the babies. I was a little nervous about the location b/c it is a daycare during the week. But I ended up being really pleased with everything, (and was super happy to not be outside in the heat, like we've done in the past for most of Nate's parties).
Nate invited 12 of his "nearest and dearest friends," and at one point, a little boy came up to me and said "Miss Emily, whose party is this?" I told him it was Nate's and he replied "Who is Nate?" So yes, maybe I am guilty of inviting a few more of MY friends than just Nate's, oops!
When it was time for cupcakes, Nate was more excited about the Power Rangers ring topper than the actual cupcake!
Showing off their Samurai power rings!
I had waaaay too much fun making the goody bags. I filled them with all of Nate's "favorite things," including a Power Ranger book/tattoo/stickers/lego man, snacks & candy, and bubbles. I think they were a hit!
There were a lot of friends at the party, but also a lot of family. Mostly my crazy family. We are clearly ga-ga over birthdays and always have been. I love going "overboard" each year, though it may seem silly to some. That's just how I raised and I love continuing that tradition for my own kids. I want them to feel like the most important kid on the planet for their birthday, b/c that's how I felt as a kid!
Both of my sisters came into town for the weekend....one had to fly from NC, and one drove 5 hrs with a 6 week old. And then trusty old Nanny & Poppy (my parents) drove 9 hours just for Nate's party. I am touched that they came, and even more, never even considered NOT coming! :) Thank you to all of you for the help with party preparations and with stuff on the day of the party. Especially Bec for all the great pictures!
Nate told me it was his "best birthday ever" so I think that means he enjoyed his party. (I hope so b/c I was exhausted afterwards!) It's so worth it to see his little face light up though.
Happy 5th birthday, sweet boy!



.jpg)

.jpg)

.jpg)


.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)
.jpg)


.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

We love birthday parties and any excuse to hang out with my sisters! You are going to be in charge of decorations for all of Anderson's bday parties...thanks!
ReplyDeleteSo cool! Looks like you did a great job, he looks like one happy 5 year old!!
ReplyDeleteIt was a great party! And your family is as lovely as you are :)
ReplyDeletei loved seeing these! i know giles had a blast... but i have to wonder, did he ask you who nate was??? i kept reminding him nate was the sweet friend who helped him carry his things to the car from the fountains at the water park... they had so much fun playing, but actually knowing who you are playing with just isn't that important--- right? haha!
ReplyDelete