All summer long, the UREC pool has hosted "Family Fun Nights" on Wednesdays. We finally got to attend one, and appropriately picked the superhero-themed night. Right when we walked in, the kids got to choose their own mask. Check out Miss Captain America, showing off her muscles
We jumped right into the "big pool" and took a few laps around the lazy river, did silly jumps off the side, practiced our swimming, and Greg & I both took turns going down the huge waterslide! (Both the kids are still too short to be able to ride it.) Then, Nate got out, in order to take part in the "Human Spiderweb" game.....
For participating in the game, he got to pick a superhero prize, and ended up with a light-up Batman yo-yo. Can you tell he's pleased with his pick!?
Then it was time to enjoy the baby pool....the fountains were turned on, and the kids (and Daddy!) had a ball for the remainder of the night.
Daddy pretending the noodle is an elephant's trunk!
Do you think the kids adore their Daddy or what!?
Our night was topped off with ice cream from the snack bar. I split a Twix ice cream bar with Abby, while Mr. Fatty (Nate) ate a WHOLE Snickers Big One! What a great night!
Sidenote: as of yesterday, August 1st, we have been in AL for a whole year. Crazy how time flies!!
Sidenote: as of yesterday, August 1st, we have been in AL for a whole year. Crazy how time flies!!
Family fun night was a blast! The only thing that would have made it better was if I had won that giant jar of Skittles. Oh well.
ReplyDeleteA year! Seriously! that is crazy. I love Abby's sweet laugh and smile in that bottom picture looking at her Dad, nothing better! I love where you guys live, I mean it seems so kid friendly and fun.
ReplyDeleteThe only 2 things missing...ordering pizza at the pool for dinner and a bunch of dads playing volleyball! :) looks like you guys had so much fun!!
ReplyDeleteLooks like great fun. Wish I'd been there to capture pictures of "Mommy" having fun too!
ReplyDeleteSo glad N and A like the water!! Little fishes like you, Bec and I growing up!
ReplyDelete