Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Edible Playdoh

I am trying to cram every last fun activity in that I can before school starts in less.than.a.week. (Holla!)

Yesterday's afternoon activity: edible playdough! Click here to find the recipe I found on (shocker!) Pinterest. It was super easy - just three ingredients. The hardest part was stirring it and getting it mixed up well!! Good thing I had my favorite two helpers....


 And I dug these super-cute aprons out of the "dollar store" box in my closet. Yes, I have a ton of stockpiled goodies in there!!
 Immediately after I told the kids they could actually EAT the playdoh, Abby did this:
 What a shocker. Nate was a little more apprehensive at first about eating it, and chose instead to get down & dirty. Think he enjoyed it!?

 Finally, I had to tell Abby "Put your hands up. That is enough eating." And this was the face I got.
 
 Besides making a TON of poopie jokes, this was Nate's favorite part: making a snowman family. Out of "poop balls" nonetheless.
I love doing little things like this with the kids - though clean-up was a b#tch! It's all worth it when Nate said over and over "This is SO FUN!!" :)

6 comments:

  1. I will definitely try this with the kids. I'll just have to exchange the PB for Sunbutter.:)
    I see LOTS of poopy jokes in my future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME! You're so crafty!
    But um.. it kinda looks like poo!

    And love Abby's "Not Guilty" face when you told her to stop eating! AHAHAHAH

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poop balls! Hahaha. Gonna have to try it, I wonder what mine would say :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poop balls! Hahaha. Gonna have to try it, I wonder what mine would say :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nate is such a Gibbs with the poop balls! And Abby - well she likes to eat :) Looked like fun and a huge mess!

    ReplyDelete