But luckily, we found a new place here to have just as much fun - the Tuscaloosa Ampitheater! We made plans to meet some friends there after dinnertime, at the (free!) "Kids Zone." It was held from 6-7:30 on the lawn adjoining the ampitheater, and had something for everyone....bouncy houses, slides, sno-cones, facepainting, train rides, games, climbing walls, laser tag, etc. Of course we didn't partake in ALL of that, but the kids had fun trying.
Abby had a particularly long encounter with one of the slides. I swear it took her 5 minutes to climb it, and possibly 10 to slide down. She started sliding on her belly, but was so sweaty that she was getting stuck. So she switched to her bottom, and had to just scoot her way down. After everyone is line started cheering "Come on, Abby, you can do it!" I knew I had to intervene and I climbed up the last part of the slide to go get her. She would have been there all night!
And as we expected, our kids had quite opposite reactions to the fireworks....
Exhibit A - Nate was completely in awe. His favorite part was the "million" at the end (aka the finale).
Exhibit B - Abby took turns hiding her face in Daddy's shoulder & my shoulder. She jumped every.single.time a firework went off. BUT, I caught her dancing to the music that accompanied the fireworks, and acting as a conductor as well.
These are the best shots I could get of the awesome fireworks display over the river - it's a little tricky with a 25-lb toddler in your lap/buried in your shoulder! :)
We had a great time with friends & plan to make this our new July 4th tradition. Hope everyone had a safe & happy 4th!
Looks like fun! Loooove Abby's dress :)
ReplyDelete