Friday, July 20, 2012

Back Into the Swing of Things....

I feel like June passed us by WAY too quickly, and now it is already in mid-July and I haven't done half the stuff I wanted to with the kids this summer!! School starts in less than 3 weeks, so I made it my mission to do "fun stuff" with the kids every day this week.
5 days and 1 exhausted momma later, Mission Accomplished.

MONDAY-- we met David & Anthony at a mini-splash pad. All the kids were happy to finally play with each other & cool off, and I was happy to catch up with their momma, who I hadn't seen in almost a month!





 TUESDAY -- I braved the free kids' movies at the theater and took the kids to see Happy Feet. Abby and I were not fans, but at least Nate enjoyed it. And yes, I brought snacks from home! :)
 WEDNESDAY -- I got a sitter in the morning for the kids, as I had some errands to run (not to mention a hair appointment that had been originally scheduled for July 5th, but a cute little nephew decided to change my plans for that day!) The kids loved Miss Brooke and had fun playing outside, doing bubbles, playing CandyLand, building forts, making crafts, watching movies, etc. I broke out a "new" board game (again, a Christmas present I had stashed away) after nap, and it was a big hit! It was a classic - Chutes and Ladders - one that I have fond memories of from childhood.

THURSDAY -- we met Sadie at the pool despite the cloudy weather. The sun finally came out after our picnic lunch, and we ended up staying 3.5 hours! The only way I could drag the kids home was to end our day with an ice cream bribe :)


On the way home, I asked Nate if he had a good time and he grinned and said "YES!" I asked if Sadie was his girlfriend and he replied, "I haven't decided yet!" :)

FRIDAY -- I took the kids to gymnastics and had a h.a.r.d time keeping up with my wild Indians! They were all over the place and had a ball with lots of their friends. Then we tried out a new-to-us restaurant, Iguana Grill, for lunch. The best part - Greg met us! The food was delicious (it's a tex-mex place), and the kids devoured the chips & salsa as usual.

On the way home from lunch, I asked Nate if he had had a good week. He said yes. And then said "what are we doing tomorrow???" I don't know about you Nate, but I think I'll be taking a breather.....

No comments:

Post a Comment