Saturday, July 14, 2012

Withdrawal

I came home from Knoxville last night and MAN am I in withdrawal! I miss my adorable nephew!! In fact, we were heading out on family errands this morning and Greg asked me what was wrong. I said I was just kinda dazed and half my brain (and heart) were still in Knoxville with Bec & Anderson. It's so funny, I feel like he's my kid....I don't want to miss any of his "firsts"....even little ones like his first walk in a stroller, his first smile, etc. Yes, I am a nut! :)

But at least these adorable pics will tell you why I'm so crazy about this little guy. These are from my last few days in Knoxville:
Though he didn't look comfortable in the "egg," he still managed to fall asleep. Little angel!!
 Anderson wearing some pjs that were given to Nate but never worn b/c Nate was too big! And they fit little A just perfectly! (Though I told Bec he kinda looks like he's a patient in a mental hospital, ha!)
 Those beautiful blue eyes staring at crazy Auntie Em during our playtime (aka "occupational therapy")
 Love that chin!
 The new mommy, such a natural! This is Anderson's favorite spot in the house....
 First attempt at tummy time. PLEASE look at those skinny chicken legs!! He really enjoys looking in the mirror; he's so vain, ha!
 The little papoose getting dried off after his first sponge bath
 Not too sure what he thinks of Nanny's first massage!
 Snuggling on Nanny. Again, the chicken legs.....love love love!
 Waiting at the airport for Lora to arrive (aka Auntie Bones)
 SURPRISE!! (She thought it was just me picking her up, but instead Bec, Nanny, and Anderson came too!)
 Not sure how to hold this thing.....
 Already waving at his fans....
 Bec did the funniest photo shoot for his 1 week bday. This is a NEWBORN onesie she had monogrammed and clearly it was way.too.big!
 Poor Anderson could not find a comfortable position, and decided to just chomp on his onesie instead. Yes, it was feeding time!!
 This is how I spent alot of my time....on the floor with A, trying to keep him awake and play. Definitely the highlight of my days! :)
 Snuggling my little Monkey Butt
 Playtime wore him out!!
Even though Lora flew in to see Anderson, she still had a few conference calls & some work to do. But she still wanted to partake in our "wine time!" :) (And Bec is a workaholic as well.)

And then yesterday, Greg and the kids arrived from Johnson City just in time for lunch and some playtime with Anderson. I was sooooo happy to see them all, and couldn't get enough hugs & kisses from the kids. As soon as I picked up Abby, she said "I see baby?"

 Abby decided to give Anderson's Boppy pillow a try....
 And she thought Anderson needed a little friend to sleep with....
 While we were having lunch, Abby "tip-toed" into the living room to sneak up on Anderson and give him a kiss! :)
 Nanny and Nate the Great
 Greg was eager to get his hands on Anderson as well. He remembers this position very well, as both of our kids laying on Daddy too.
 Sisters with the new addition!!
 Proud Nanny with her THREE grandchildren!!
 Abby was pissed she didn't fit in the swing....
 It took Nate awhile, but I think he's a big fan of his cousin too
Abby getting some love from Aunt Bebe

I know I sound like a broken record, but I had the BEST time in Knoxville and am so happy I could be there for the first 8 days of Anderson's life. I will never forget those moments with him, or watching my little sister become a mommy!!

Bec, Mike, and Anderson are coming to see us for Nate's birthday party in mid-August, so I am anxiously awaiting their visit. I know Anderson will have changed so much by then, but I hope he still has those little chicken legs....

6 comments:

  1. We miss you so much Aunt Em! I cried when I read your blog- so sweet. PLEASE COME BACK!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I even teared up!! Ha! It is so hard when your sister has a baby and you aren't there!! I feel that way with Eden and Lindsay!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a nice post!!! I love the pic of nana and her 3 grands!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that picture of your mom with her little grandkid trio! Adorable. And yes, it is VERY hard to be away from your sister and a new baby...I made A LOT of extra trips to NC after William was born!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post, so precious! cole wore the "mental patient" pjs, it made me sad!!!
    Loved all the pics!!! You're an AWESOME Aunt!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know I told you before but it was very very nice of you to help out your sister those few days. You are so sweet!
    And the thing about Abby being pissed for not fitting in the swing cracked me up! Oh Abby :)

    ReplyDelete